Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a PSA for being aware while driving in the rain please.

On my way to work today just after dropping my sone at his school. About 3 blocks later there was an car/ pedestrian accident. Was probably one of my sons schoolmates. It was very dark and raining and it doesn't help that people wear black with black and dark navy. I'm not sure what happened but please just be aware of the what your wearing and the surroundings. Look out for yourself because people aren't looking out for you.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Sometimes bright colors dont help either. Local girl years ago got rearended on her bike at a stoplight on a bright sunny day while wearing a bright yellow helmet, bright yellow jacket and a bright yellow bike.

As for pedestrians, it doesnt help when some people just walk out in front of cars expecting them to stop for them even at night. Seen a college student in Madison, WI nearly become a grille ornament for a 25' straight truck when he just walked into the road talking on his cell. Truck came to a screeching stop 1' from the kid who didnt even flinch other than just look at the truck. Peds need to realise that they lose the argument with a vehicle even if they are in the right.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Basically I think it falls on us to be vigilante ...and extra vigilante in low visibility.
People are just too damned distracted , I watched a guy cut off a bright orange Jeep so 2 wheels or 4, many people just aren't looking. Same for peds, how many have you seen hit a croswalk still staring at their damn phone?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.