Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From an RRW Press release:

Data acquisition wizard and former crew chief for Team Yoshimura and multi-time AMA Superbike Champion Mat Mladin has rolled out a revolutionary traction control system for the ever popular Suzuki SV650.
Bazzaz said: "Until now, we've focused our traction control efforts on high-horsepower inline fours. However, our current level of refinement in our system has allowed us to turn our attention the the very popular SV650"
"Everybody can benefit from better traction control, even ham-fisted novices" added Bazzaz. "With that in mind, we've developed a revolutionary new system for the SV that allows instant on-the-fly rider adjustability."
When pressed for details of the new system, Bazzaz said that the key component of the system is the infinitely adjustable rotating traction adjuster. "The system provides a variable link between the rider and throttle opening. When wheel spin is sensed, the rider is able to instantly compensate to regain traction through the use of the rotating adjuster."
Even with this system Bazzaz concedes that there is still the possibility of a crash, but he said that the onboard data collection system (DCS) will permanently record the on-track location of the crash. Then the system will then automatically adjust the throttle opening well before the traction limit in subsequent track sessions. When asked about the storage capacity of the DCS, Bazzaz responded: "Believe me this system will not forget the exact time and location of a highside, although a severe blow to the DCS could possibly erase the memory.
When asked about the availability of the system, Bazzaz replied that the system is now available for both the carbureted and fuel-injected SV models. "That's the beauty of the rotating traction adjuster. It works for either type of fuel system equally well. We've even located it on the right handlebar for easy rider access"

For more information on the DCS traction control system, contact Bazzaz Performance at: (877) 221-1634

·
Registered
948 Posts
Cool!

·
Registered
969 Posts
Neat, I think I might want one.

·
Registered
969 Posts
How did you read it?

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
April Fools?

"Ever popular Suzuki SV650"

I thought I got it. It's soooo popular, it got replaced.

tk

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
negative.. it says "The system provides a variable link between the rider and throttle opening. When wheel spin is sensed, the rider is able to instantly compensate to regain traction through the use of the rotating adjuster."

in other words it is the person not a devise

·
Registered
969 Posts
Now that I read it that way, hey wait a minute, I feel bamboozled.:p

·
Registered
381 Posts
Infinitely adjustable rotating throttle adjuster... HAHAHAHAHA That's what Im calling my throttle tube and right hand from now on.

DCS=brain

Trust me, if you highside, you wont forget where it happened, unless your brain takes a severe blow....

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Ha ha.

"That's the beauty of the rotating traction adjuster. It works for either type of fuel system equally well. We've even located it on the right handlebar for easy rider access"

Funny stuff.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I remember all my highsides...... at least I think I remember tham all ;)

·
Registered
153 Posts
negative.. it says "The system provides a variable link between the rider and throttle opening. When wheel spin is sensed, the rider is able to instantly compensate to regain traction through the use of the rotating adjuster."

in other words it is the person not a devise
Yeah thats what i gathered from it... lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts