Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All!

After a few years of debating I finally said screw it and bought myself a very low mileage 2005 Yellow SV650N. All it needs is a new tank in the near future.

It's my first bike so i'll be riding it in my 25MPH suburban area in Alameda for a while till I get more comfortable. My friend who rides a GS500 is going to take me on a refresher course today in the parking lot just to get acquainted with the bike.

I've never owned a motor vehicle before, so any tips on what I should add to my shopping list would be great!

·
Registered
801 Posts
Hi, I also bought a yellow 05 N about a week ago :p. I also have a dinged up tank hehe.

If you are new to riding I would suggest you check to make sure you have a good set of tires to learn on. Inspect the whole bike carefully and base your shopping list on that. Brakes, turn signals and stuff like that. Make sure its in good working order and get some frame sliders in case you drop it :).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep, thats the one I got. I'm in the middle of breaking it down right now and getting everything together. What I've got left to get is:

Tank (eventually)
Tires
Shift Lever
Left Turn signal
Frame sliders

And thats about it! My friend took it for a ride and said it rode like new. I've replaced all the fluids myself so far, and cleaned it up a bit. Its been great getting to work on the bike.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Yup it is fun. Its good to have someone who knows what they are doing and you trust inspect your bike. Good looking out from your friend.

Sounds like you are doing good. Happy riding, maybe I'll see you out there some time.
Take it easy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts