Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am buying a new battery tonight after my last one crapped out and left me waiting for AAA last night. Any suggestions? This present one lasted me about 3 years. The one prior to that was about 5 years old they were both the brand Walmart sells. Plus I can't remember on bike batteries they give me a core refund correct for turning in my old one. I need to know b/c if they do then I have to go home from work and not straight out to get the battery.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Negative on the core.  I think most places actually charge you to take your junk battery. My original 03SVS battery lasted me 2 years.  Bought a replacement from Suzuki dealer for $100 CAN. 

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
$100!!!! The Walmart batties I am buying cost like $25 and lasted 3 years.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Walmart took my battery and there was no charge for it? I believe they would rather take it then have you put it in the trash. Something about acid...blah blah blah...environment....blah blah blah. I wasn't listening to the guy at the counter, there was a hot chick checking out spinners for her Honda Civic that kept bending over.   ;)

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
when i bought a new one for the old bike, they charged me a fee for discarding it. i was able to bring the old one in to get the fee refunded.

·
Registered
241 Posts
As far as a suggestion...I'd go for the Yuasa battery. Best one I've found out there.
Whenever I've bought a battery lately, they've charged me a core charge that gets refunded when I return the old battery. At least someone out there is environmentally conscious.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info. Bought my battery last night and put it in. I went with the ever cheap Ever Start at Walmart for $30 I just oculd not justify the higher cost of the otehr batteries at the bike shop since my first Ever Start last 5 years and my 2nd lasted 3............... Call me frugal but at least after setting on the charger all night last night it worked fine today. Hopefuly I won't be stranded after work again today b/c I am leaveing early to ride. I was glad to throw the trickle connection back on the shelf that I had been hooking my old battery up to in its last dieng days as well. I hope it was the battery and not my R/R. Time will tell.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts