Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so my tender burned my battery up..bubbled sides and all....so I'm in the market for a new battery.

This got me thinking, because I don't have the $80 sitting around for the stock Yuasa application, and here is what I dug up on the internet for possible replacements if you are at all interested:

$25 replacement
www.batteryjack.com Model PM9-12L 12V, 9Ah, 125CCA Basicly stock dimensions (I think it is about 1/16" shorter in height)

$30 replacement
Some store on ebay sells a "direct replacement" for the Yuasa YTX9-BS (12V, 8Ah, 120CCA), made by "easystart". Seller's name is motobatteries. Stock Dimensions.

$52 replacement
Napa Auto Parts Part # PSB 12ABS (Exide battery, or Champion if you prefer, 12V 10Ah 139CCA, Stock dimensions).

Those are the replacements I found that will fit, and have enough juice to start the beast. Seeing as how the Yuasa is $80 (cheapest I found on the web, shipped), any of those three are an option. I am buying one of the cheapest, just to use and see if it is any good. I'll report back after a few months of installation.

·
Registered
6,316 Posts
Go with the highest amp :!: mine came with a 8amp generic :shock: ,would not crank,if engine was hot or after 3 starts in a row.

·
Registered
235 Posts
The YTX9-BS is about $25.00 less  :)   and was original equipment in many bikes including the '96-'99 GSX-R750 and the '98-'04 Kaw ZX-9R (900 Ninja) so it'll work fine in the SV.

·
Registered
75 Posts
the X9-BS works fine. I had to change mine out last week. I probably paid a little more because I didn't want to wait. Walmart, Autozone, and Advance have the battery for about $50. Would be nice to have gotten the oem battery, but I couldn't see spending $100 here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts