Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is probably a really stupid question...

i went to hook up battery charger up since my battery was too dead to start the bike. the charger has a switch for the 6 or 12 volt. what should i set it on when hooking it up to the bike?

i jumped it with the car and started it up for a bit, but i still need to get the battery hooked up for the rest of the winter.

thanks

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
uh 12v duh!

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
12v...

You're right, it was a very dumb question.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
lol go ahead. just remember the old phraze "ask a stupid question get a stupid answer" ;D :p

·
Registered
2,737 Posts

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
I guess no one remebers when bikes actually did come with 6V batteries?? Not to mention that other day motorcycles in other parts of the world still do come with 6V batts. I can't believe I am saying this, especially to Josh, but not that stupid of a question.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
DougZ said:
I guess no one remebers when bikes actually did come with 6V batteries?? Not to mention that other day motorcycles in other parts of the world still do come with 6V batts. I can't believe I am saying this, especially to Josh, but not that stupid of a question.
i have never encountered a bike with a 6v batt. and i've worked on bikes from 50cc-1200cc

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
B.a. said:
i have never encountered a bike with a 6v batt. and i've worked on bikes from 50cc-1200cc
So you have never come accross a bike that is older than your 19 years then? ::) ;)

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Doug,

Even 20 years ago 6volt charging systems were rare, mostly old harley's and dirt bikes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts