Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I am a newbie and i have a sv650 2001 . I did not ride for 3 weeks and the battery discharged on me. Where can i recharge it? can someone suggest a good automatic battery charge i can invest in? is it worth it? can i get it recharged at a bike store? for a fee? i am in the south bay in california
thanks in advance
sincerely
juggernautb

·
Registered
55 Posts
I just used my friend's "Batter Tender: Automatic Battery Charger" that plugs into a regular outlet and has two alligator clips that you clip onto the battery posts, very simple.

Takes about 8hrs or so for a full charge. I'm not sure where he got it but I bet you'll be able to find one at your local auto shop or Walmart. Walmart has everything hahah. Should be a good investment because its very portable and works...don't know how fast it is compared to others but thats my experience.

·
Registered
200 Posts
mmmattc said:
I just used my friend's "Batter Tender: Automatic Battery Charger" that plugs into a regular outlet and has two alligator clips that you clip onto the battery posts, very simple.

Takes about 8hrs or so for a full charge. I'm not sure where he got it but I bet you'll be able to find one at your local auto shop or Walmart. Walmart has everything hahah. Should be a good investment because its very portable and works...don't know how fast it is compared to others but thats my experience.
that will work.

If you just need to get the bike running again hook up the battery to a car battey (DO NOT START THE CAR) Just use the connection to start your bike. Should fire right up.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Also if the battery does not take a charge right away with the Battery Tender then put it on a regular 5A battery charger for 15-20 minutes then switch to the Battery Tender. I had this happen to me once on a fully drained battery that would not take a charge from the Battery Tender at first.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Guys
I am off to walmart for the battery tender... This site rocks!!

thanks
juggernautb

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
FilthyRich said:
mmmattc said:

that will work.

If you just need to get the bike running again hook up the battery to a car battey (DO NOT START THE CAR) Just use the connection to start your bike. Should fire right up.
DO you know how long you'd have to ride a bike to charge a dead battery?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts