Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading about cutting the battery box to allow for fitting the resevoir on upgraded shocks, I saw that a battery change was also needed. Some people said they had an R6 battery, others an R1. Does it matter which one and are they the same? I plan on getting a 2005 ZX-6R shock, if that helps. Thanks.

·
Registered
105 Posts
You dont need a new battery. I dont know why some peoples batteries dont fit but...I put my 03 gsxr shock in and cut the box and the battery fit fine. I even left the rubber mat in the box to protect the battery and it still fits. I would say F**k IT! You dont need one

·
Registered
104 Posts
you don't need a smaller battery. but the r6 and r1 battery fit into the cut box just like you stock battery would fit in the stock box.
If you dont use a smaller battery then you need to remove the grey foam blocks from the underside of the seat to get clearance. It's all up to you what you choose and if you want to spend the extra $$ for a new battery.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I didnt even need to remove the foam on my seat. I have the suzuki factory gel seat

1 - 4 of 4 Posts