Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive read that the yuasa yt12a-bs is the one im looking for however im reading the company has merged or something..... could somebody link me a good site or recommend a nice battery? btw the bike has been sitting for a good 2-3 months without stabil, maybe half to 2/3 tank of gas was left in there. the bike was stored in a small shed protected from the weather...should i be worried? can i crank it over and run the old gas through or should i look into some kind of fuel additive?

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I'd add a little Sta-Bil to the gas & try it. Might be fine. If it runs rough, then I'd drain the gas & add Sta-Bil or another fuel system cleaner.

I think any brand-name battery is OK. If you can get electricity to your storage place, I highly recommend a battery tender any time the bike sits for more than a week or 2.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
gonna just order any bat at this point. dont think ill mind so much for extra cash and convenience. i NEED to ride. as for the gas i just found some clear tubing i could syphon the gas out. just a bit worried about the carbs....im sure a bit of seafoam and fresh gas might help. im just worried because i couldnt help but notice a lack of inline filter....and carbs. btw this bike is stored a good 5-10 miles away. and finding times a ***** atm, nursing program owns my life right now. btw doxie, diggin ur dog. wish me luck, have a semi break this upcoming week.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts