Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
site supporter
6,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There has been some hellaciously good post-season baseball this year. Does anybody care?

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
I did until the Orioles and the Nationals went out. I am enjoying watching the Yankees flop right now. Their bats are ice cold right now. The only reason they made it through the last series is because the Orioles bats went cold at the same time. Still, the last few weeks of baseball have been more exciting than I can ever remember.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
They also spit alot, use drugs, play while hung over and oh yeah get paid millions. Biggest waste of time, next to that other sport where they drive for hours only making left hand turns and smashing their ugly cars into each other and walls.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Isn't that the game where a bunch of men stand around on a field and do little or nothing for a couple of hours, with the "action" left up to a couple of key players?
I think they would like to do more put they have to stand around a lot so they can show you more commercials.
Seems to be goal with all the big US sports anyway.

·
Premium Member
4,340 Posts
Why are they playing baseball now that it's getting too F-n cold to ride?

I watched half an inning when the Sox were in the series and playing in the Cell. It was at night, in the 30’s and drizzling. If the Bears had been playing in Soldier Field that night they would have been talking how miserable the weather was.

It has not gotten better with MLB since.

·
site supporter
6,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Why are they playing baseball now that it's getting too F-n cold to ride?
TV money. I agree with you. I'm such a traditionalist that I think the Designated Hitter rule corrupted baseball, that the move from 154 to 162 games made all modern records meaningless and that the move from a best of 7 World Series to a best of 1 Wild Card play-in; followed by a best of 5 division series; followed by best of 7 LCS; ending with a best of 7 World Series has pushed the game into weather neither the players, fans or stadia are prepared for.

Harumph!

But, Jeez. This is pretty good baseball.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
The season should be 50 games max and I actually like the current playoff setup. Baseball needs the rest of the season to be close to as exciting as the last few weeks have been. 162 games is just ridiculous and makes the season absolutely boring.

·
Premium Member
10,443 Posts
I did until the Orioles and the Nationals went out. I am enjoying watching the Yankees flop right now. Their bats are ice cold right now. The only reason they made it through the last series is because the Orioles bats went cold at the same time. Still, the last few weeks of baseball have been more exciting than I can ever remember.
The EX Mariners are doing pretty good!! Well except the overpated one, but he's busy flirting with the ladies. His mind is elsewhere!!

·
Administrator
11,044 Posts
I was about to care... then I didn't.

·
Premium Member
10,443 Posts
Image uploading. Refresh page to view

·
Administrator
11,044 Posts
"Report this image" <-- LIKE