Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i just did the naked to clip on conversion and now the bars wont lock. There is enough clearance with the tank its just that the key will not turn to lock. Does anyone have any insight on this. If it helps I did take off the top triple.

·
Registered
465 Posts
well i just did the naked to clip on conversion and now the bars wont lock. There is enough clearance with the tank its just that the key will not turn to lock. Does anyone have any insight on this. If it helps I did take off the top triple.
Is your top triple higher or lower than it was before? The ignition mounts to the top triple and has to be lined up with a hole in the front of the head tube. Is it possible that you're a little to high or low with the upper triple?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i didnt remove the ignition or the guage cluster it was still connected to the triple when it was off.

·
Registered
465 Posts
right i'm being a bone head.

the triple is flush w/ the head tube so it won't move up and down relative to hole for the lock - sorry brain fart.

if you look at the head tube can you see the hole for the lock? and if you turn the bars all the way to the lock position can you see where the ignition module and hole for the lock overlap? - if you can see try turning the key to lock and maybe see why she isn't engaging. when you turn it all the way is the steering stop touching?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Maybe something getting pinched between the frame and fork or? which will not let it get to the full turn so it will not be able to lock.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well ive been fooling with it today and i still have nothing. There are wires blocking it everyhing seems to be aligned. the lock works when it off so its not broke. i have no idea what to do.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm guessing that either the clipon clamps, or the clipons themselves, are preventing you from moving to full lock. Watch your steering stop as you move the bars to the left, and make sure they have a full range of motion. If they don't, check the clamps, clipons, or any cables/wires for interference.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
there is absolutly nothing thats in the way. i did remove the clamps and still nothing. i have no idea what the hell to do.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts