Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is a good place to find one for a 2003 svs?

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
Just a quick note...barnett clutches usually have significantly heavier springs, unnecessary for the torque of the SV. Had barnett springs in my quad and my dirtbike, and neither have them anymore.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I've been told mixing springs might not be a bad idea. Four SV springs, with two Barnett springs.

Grav.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, I think it was bad when I got it. I made all the adjustments, but it still isn't right. I am going to take it apart and see if it is the clutch itself. Pretty sure it its since it wanted to walk in my backyard.

I was thinking of either using half and half or just stock springs.

K

·
0 Posts
I have a Barnett clutch coming tomarrow for my R6, I hope it is nice. I got 10k miles on my bike and my clutch is toast.

·
Super Moderator
8,604 Posts
Zombies say stick with stock clutch! :alien:

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
Another vote for the stock clutch.

Also, have you checked the adjustment? The clutch actuator adjustment, not the cable. If not search for "clutch mantra" and follow that procedure. That may be all that's wrong.

·
Registered
436 Posts
What would you have to do to destroy a clutch on a bike? I thought wet clutches were very durable and hard to kill, even if you ride the clutch all day long

·
Super Moderator
8,604 Posts
What would you have to do to destroy a clutch on a bike? I thought wet clutches were very durable and hard to kill, even if you ride the clutch all day long
Heat from slipping is what kills them. 68HP from the SV's engine = 50,000 Watts! If the engine is making good power but the wheel is not moving, then all that heat goes into the clutch.

Fully engaged the clutch takes NO heat but if you slip it for very long, watch out! :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts