Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am doing more long rides lately and my hands start to go numb after an hour or so. I am fairly tall (6'3") and was thinking about getting some bar risers so I would sit back a little further. My questions are:
1. How far up/back can I move the stock bars on a 1st gen SV without having to change the brake lines, cluctch cable etc?
2. Has anyone tried making spaces to put under the stock risers? If so how did it turn out and how difficult was it to do?

Any info/ ideas will be appreciated!

·
Registered
430 Posts
I put spacers under the stock risers and it took about 10 minutes no problem. I used 3/4" aluminum bar stock and bought longer bolts to accommodate, then painted them black to match my triples and bars. I did the adjustment to install clubman bars not with the stock bars so I can't answer the question about the lines.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I have taller bars if you'd rather go that route. I think they're 2" up and 1" back, but I'm totally guessing, I just know the oem bars felt MUCH lower. The only line you'll want to replace is the brake line. The other lines can be rerouted outside the forks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey there Gen 2 Yamaha FZ guy here looking for some stock Gen 2 SV 650 bar risers .
I’m sure someone has a set sitting around .
Let me know if you would be interested in selling them
Thank you John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts