Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I'll admit it - I'm a shorty. And because of that, I have short arms. I've decided to get the GenMar bar risers (up 1" and back 1 3/8") but I've heard that I will need longer brake lines. Is this true? And if it is, what kind should I get? Also, I read that the brake lines from the 650 VStrom can be replaced the shorter ones, has anyone done this? I've already searched but I couldn't find the answers I need.
Thanks for your help
Kathy

·
Eagle one
1,660 Posts
Kathy,

Yes, for those risers, you will need longer lines.

As far as what to get.... I will let others more knowledgable then me answer that.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
67GTONUT said:
Kathy,

Yes, for those risers, you will need longer lines.

As far as what to get.... I will let others more knowledgable then me answer that.
Thanks for one question answered! :) Anyone else want to help with the rest???? Please???

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
You May get away with it! I replaced my stock bars on the 03 Sv650N with Bikemaster "Daytona" bend (about 3 more inches of rise and a little wider than stock), and I did NOT have to change any cables or brake lines. Try it and see before you order all the lines.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Whether or not you'll need to replace the brake line depends on what year SV you have. I e-mailed Genmar a while back, and they said for my bike, (an '03), I'd just have to move the brake line a bit where it's clamped in the retainer.

Here's an excerpt from their website:

The risers replace the stock 7/8" tube type handlebar clamp-cap to raise the bars up 1" (25mm) and back 1 3/8" (34mm). This will help to relieve wrist and neck pain on long rides. The S121 risers include a front brake hydraulic hose replacement, for Bandits and SV650s 2002 and earlier. Most other motorcycle models, including SV650 2003, require no change of any control cables, wiring, or hoses. Fits Suzukis, and other models, with 7/8" tube type handlebars
;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts