Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have an 04 SV 650 N, which already has 1 up/1 back bar risers on it. Now, we want to put some taller/more rearward handlebars on it, such as the Bikemaster Daytona. This is all to help my girlfriend (5'0" with short arms) attain a more comfortable riding position. FYI, we are configuring this bike for adventure touring as much as possible. My question is; which cables/lines will be to be changed out to accommodate this, and what's the best way to get them? I read somewhere that DL 650 brake lines and throttle cables worked. Anyone know about this? Will I need to lengthen the wiring bundle? (hope not!). I would really like to hear from someone who has this setup on their bike, or is familiar with it. Thanks and happy riding!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi CjC check out DWSmith's comments in the http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197728&page=2.
He apparently has added higher bars and used DL650 clutch cable and Brake lines.
My mechanic told me I might have to go to a DL650 clutch cable and it looks like I will, even with only a 2" barback riser on a stock bar - I don't think the cables and lines are stock as it was rebuilt from a bad smash and I'm just in th eprocess of added the risers.
I'll be ordering the DL650 cables and lines.
This is a great forum!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey there Gen 2 Yamaha FZ guy here looking for some stock Gen 2 SV 650 bar risers .
I’m sure someone has a set sitting around .
Let me know if you would be interested in selling them
Thank you John

1 - 3 of 3 Posts