Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just swapped out my OEM handlebars with a rizoma billet aluminum bar. My old bar ends dont size down to the inner diameter of the new bars. Is an adapter kit needed or do i just need to get new bar ends with a smaller diameter to fit the new bars?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Agree with guy! Much cheaper to get bar ends. Rizoma has bar ends or you can install the Rizoma proguard system (bar end + lever guard).

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yup, new bar ends.

If you are thinking about end mount mirrors, be aware that some of them use an attachment that goes where a bar end would go. You can get weighted bar ends too. I have em' and they do calm down the vibes a bit. You would need to figure all that out and whatnot.

Lastly, if you like the "weight in the handlebar" thing but can't find the right mechanical combo, they make a thing that slides into your entire bar that weights it down. I've never tried it, but it's out there.

Cheers.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Oh yeah, one more thing:

Don't bind your throttle when you lock down your ends, regardless what type you end up with. Move the twisty thing inboard a bit if you have to. You won't hurt anything and you want that **** silky smooth.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Yup, new bar ends.

If you are thinking about end mount mirrors, be aware that some of them use an attachment that goes where a bar end would go. You can get weighted bar ends too. I have em' and they do calm down the vibes a bit. You would need to figure all that out and whatnot.

Lastly, if you like the "weight in the handlebar" thing but can't find the right mechanical combo, they make a thing that slides into your entire bar that weights it down. I've never tried it, but it's out there.

Cheers.
I stuffed mine with 45 caliber round muzzleloader balls, no I'm not kidding either. I had a box of them for my flintlock. They are like $15 for 100. From the bend of the bar to the end I think I have 15 in there per side. I put something in there first so they didn't roll down the bar. And some shotgun BB's to take up space. Vibes.... gone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts