Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm wondering which bar-end weight is the heaviest and would still work with CRG's bar end mirrors? I don't even have the stock one on right now cause I can't make them work.

I just came back from a 2 day trip, almost 24 hours of motoring and my arms and hands are still numb from the trip!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
By the way, the stock bar end weight I was given with the bike are just plastic caps with a bolt in the middle...is that the stock ones? They are really not heavy at all..

·
Registered
838 Posts
Nope - the stock weights are legitimate weights...not just caps.
FWIW - another option is to switch your handlebar to an aftermarket one with thicker tubing. Renthals are noticeably thicker, which dampens vibrations. I've ridden 500+ miles/day with no bar-end weights, and vibration has never been a problem for me.

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
Why are they weights? and not just caps? Is it to reduce wobbles?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Below is a link to the ones I plan on ordering soon, Rhino bar ends, and I've read good things about them. They support CRG Hindsight bar end mirrors.

http://www.e-securedsite.com/rhinom...rFor=&collection=4|Barend Sliders and Mirrors

I did notice an increase in vibrations when I removed my stock bar end to install the CRG bar end adapters (the cheap light plastic ends) for the the hindsight LS mirrors.

I went for an overnight trip last weekend and did a good 10 hours of riding or so without any numbness. Perhaps you're not supporting enough weight with you core/legs.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts