Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,820 Posts
Majority of people here just get Nate's MotoSliders for the frame.

I have seen bar end ones made out of Delrin but I wonder if they could increase the vibration on the handlebars.
The existing ones are solid steel and get scratched up. They also perform as a vibration damper from the reading that I did.

My question is why? The steel ones protect the bar ends and if they get scatched up, they are cheap to fix or to replace.

Front brake and clutch levers still break off whether or not sliders are installed on handles.

·
Premium Member
622 Posts
Currently said:
Majority of people here just get Nate's MotoSliders for the frame.

I have seen bar end ones made out of Delrin but I wonder if they could increase the vibration on the handlebars.
The existing ones are solid steel and get scratched  up.  They also perform as a vibration damper from the reading that I did.

My question is why?  The steel ones protect the bar ends and if they get scatched up, they are cheap to fix or to replace.

Front brake and clutch levers still break off whether or not sliders are installed on handles.
+1 I'd go for the frame sliders...if you want tough bar ends get a pair that they make for the Hayabusa. They are perfect fit on the SV and solid.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i already have frame sliders and swingarm sliders. my bike was dropped once on each side and its time to replace my bar ends. i figured if i got some long bar sliders it would give me some protection for the levers. hopefully i won't be dropping the bike anymore!

i saw this at the home page. wondering if its any good? http://www.bikesliders.com/Sliders.htm#smallsliders

what years are the hayabusa sliders compatible with the 04's? i heard that the 03 and earlier dont' fit since the threads are different?

·
Premium Member
622 Posts
Tsunami said:
i saw this at the home page. wondering if its any good? http://www.bikesliders.com/Sliders.htm#smallsliders

what years are the hayabusa sliders compatible with the 04's? i heard that the 03 and earlier dont' fit since the threads are different?
Those bar sliders look pretty solid. My frame sliders are by the same company and he makes a good product.

As far as i know there are no threads inside the end of the handle bar. You assemble the bar end to the existing rubber stopper, work the assembly in the end of the handle bar and tighten it down. In all honesty, i haven't seen the inside of the 04 handle bar so I could be wrong!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts