Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if any of you were wondering, it's now official - i'm an idiot.

i got new barends and tried to put them on last night. one came out, but the rubber piece is still inside. the other barend won't come out no matter what i do. :-[

can anyone help? what am i doing wrong?

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
For the rubber piece, you need to get something to pull the rubber piece out, like a pick or a wire hanger that you can put through the hole and pull it out and make sure you get the nut that's behind the rubber piece out too. For the other bar end, are you saying it won't unscrew at all? I guess you could just pull until it comes out?

·
Registered
186 Posts
for rubber piece, don't forget to use some wd40 to break it loose from the bar, then reach in there with any kind of "hook" device....and voila.

Also before you reinstall the new ones, make sure to clean up wd40 with brake cleaner.

Q

J

·
0 Posts
Are you replacing them with stock bar ends? I was at a sports bike show a few weeks ago, and tried buying some bar ends - but in every case, the bolt was too short. The stock bolt inside the handle is a lot longer than most bikes. They didn't specify SV though. I tried a GSXR bar end.

Anyone have any examples of bar ends that fit that aren't stock?

·
Registered
97 Posts
You could try removing the bolts from the stock bar ends, thread them into the rubber plugs, then use the bolts as handles to leverage them out of the bars. --This is if you have a naked bike--

·
Registered
430 Posts
I unscrew them and leave the rubber and nut in there. Then give em a small shot of wd40 and push them all the way through. I use a plumbers snake and just push and they easily come out the other side.

Actually this might not be as easy with a stock bar cause of the bend....I have a straight drag bar.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts