Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The previous owner of my bike tipped it over once, and bent the bolt keeping the bar end on so that the bar end is a bit crooked. It's annoyed me for a while so I decided to pull it out and either straighten the bolt or replace it. I got it almost straight and decided I needed to buy one, but when I tried to put the bolt back on, it won't tighten. It seems like all it is screwing into is rubber - is that the case? If it is I'm guessing I stripped it... another weird thing is that in between the bar end and the inner rubber is a nut, but it's bigger than the bolt so it's only acting as a sort of spacer. Has my bike been ghetto rigged at some point? :-\ I don't wanna take apart the other side to find out in case it is rubber and I'll just strip it too =P

Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
151 Posts
Is your bike nekid or the SVS, it makes a world of difference...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Should be another nut on the opposite side of the rubber damper plug. The bolt goes through the rubber plug into the nut and when you tighten it it squeezes the rubber thing outward so that it expands into the handlebar.

·
Registered
22 Posts
What sv ray said. However, you should tighten it a little bit before inserting it into the tube otherwise it won't catch the thread on the bolt and keep turning without tightening (and expanding) the rubber piece.

Oktay

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That makes sense, I've dealt with situations like that before. I'm gonna take the flashlight down with me and see if I can't sort it out.. thanks guys.

Yeap - that inner nut had turned sideways, so I of course wasn't grabbing anything poking around with the bolt. Got it all straight and tight, whoopee! ;D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts