Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone who has the woodcraft clip on used bar end mirrors. if so which kind and where did you get them from?

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
I don't use the woodcraft clip ons, but if you can remove the bar end slider on them you can use just about any bar end mirror you would like. If not, just look for any kind that clamps around the bar itself.

Try: Oberon, Rizoma, CRG, or Napoleon. Or there is always the cheaper bar end mirrors from eBay for $25 (there are a bunch, just search). I use those and they work pretty well.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I used Napoleons but I had to "modify" the ends of the bars. The aluminum clip-on bars are thicker walled than the standard steel tubes so the inside diameter is too small for most bar-end mirrors. My modifications consisted of some aggressive Dremel work on the inside of each bar about 2 inches deep. It was a nightmare but worth it because those Napoleons are so **** nice!

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I used Napoleons but I had to "modify" the ends of the bars. The aluminum clip-on bars are thicker walled than the standard steel tubes so the inside diameter is too small for most bar-end mirrors. My modifications consisted of some aggressive Dremel work on the inside of each bar about 2 inches deep. It was a nightmare but worth it because those Napoleons are so **** nice!

I have Renthal bars on my SV and they are thinner on the inside (thicker bar I guess), Rino has smaller sets.

·
Registered
237 Posts
http://www.d2moto.com/Items/M040-Black

I got these a month+ ago.. They work great.. No more seeing what my shoulders look like going down the road.. I can see the lane next to me and behind me in the convex mirrors. Real glass mirrors, are crisp and clear.
For the cost great performance.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
http://www.d2moto.com/Items/M040-Black

I got these a month+ ago.. They work great.. No more seeing what my shoulders look like going down the road.. I can see the lane next to me and behind me in the convex mirrors. Real glass mirrors, are crisp and clear.
For the cost great performance.
These are the same as the ones on ebay that I got, they do work very well.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
does anyone have any pictures of the napolean mirrors? i really dont want to dremel the inside of the bar but i have to then i will.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Third Eye

These are cheap bicycle mirrors that can be easily modded to work with your bar ends. They provide surprisingly good viewing angles when set up right, and look good doing it. Simple, small, clean, and cheap! I think $16 or so a piece.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Who would mount mirrors in these places?

·
Registered
157 Posts
I bought some motrax barends, installed today, and I like the look. Pulling the rubber expander out was fun. One I hit with a cork screw and the other with a coat hanger. I rammed the hanger through the bar and tied it in a big knot on the other side and pulled it through.

Any advise on what to use to fill in the slot where the stock mirrors were?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just got a pair of mirrors today at Cycle Gear that are universal fit and look just like the Oberon bar-end mirrors. The listing is MOTRAX Micro Bar End Mirror (#259961) http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?L1=5000&L2=11&L3=160&L4=&item=MRX_M1B2

The website shows a wrong picture of the old style and the correct style is on the right. They were $35.00 each. The manager told me that the old style MOTRAX Mini Billet Bar-End Mirrors (#54115) will be discontinued and replaced by the Oberon look alikes. The mounting hardware looks the same as the old style so I don't anticipate any issues. I'll post again if there are any problems installing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought some motrax barends, installed today, and I like the look. Pulling the rubber expander out was fun. One I hit with a cork screw and the other with a coat hanger. I rammed the hanger through the bar and tied it in a big knot on the other side and pulled it through.

Any advise on what to use to fill in the slot where the stock mirrors were?
I just installed Napoleons on my SV. I am tempted to make an experiment and ride it tomorrow with both the stock and the new mirrors.. perhaps I can get less of a blind spot?! Did anyone try this?
I haven't decided yet if having 4 mirrors is ugly as hell or interesting. My SV looks like a bug with giant eyes :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts