Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the third eye's looks so much better! Haven't ridden yet but I can tell just by sitting on it they will be way better!!!

I mounted them on the end of the weights, didn't know if that was going to be to wide but there out of the way of my arms and hands so thats all good!

·
Registered
401 Posts
I have a pair of Napoleon bar end mirrors on mine, and they work great, $80 for the pair, don't know if thats more or less than the ones above. If you go the Napoleon route you will lose your bar end weights though, they bolt to the inside end of bars just like the stock bar end weight, and you can fold them up for tight garage storage and they will unfold right back to where you had them so you don't have to re aim them. I don't know how to post pictures, if someone could tell me how to do that I will put up a picture of them on my bike, I got them from bike bandit so I'm sure you can see the mirrors on there sight just not on an SV

·
Premium Member
1,634 Posts
bluecurvy27 said:
[have a pair of Napoleon bar end mirrors on mine, and they work great, $80 for the pair, don't know if thats more or less than the ones above. If you go the Napoleon route you will lose your bar end weights though, they bolt to the inside end of bars just like the stock bar end weight, and you can fold them up for tight garage storage and they will unfold right back to where you had them so you don't have to re aim them. I don't know how to post pictures, if someone could tell me how to do that I will put up a picture of them on my bike, I got them from bike bandit so I'm sure you can see the mirrors on there sight just not on an SV]
I still have not tried to post pictures but if you search there are several threads on how to.They all seem to sugest photobucket website to host,probably easy but I am a computer retard.

·
Registered
571 Posts
i'm not a big fan of the napoleon mirrors. i looked at them very hard before not getting them though. they just didn't fit into the look i was going for.

napoleon = $80/pair
CRG = $75/each

almost twice as much but i love the look. especially combined with other stuff i have for the bike. ;)

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
I don't much like any of hte ones that stick up- seems to me that if you want sticky-up, use traditional mirrors. If you want sticky-out, use bar end mirrors.

Oberon just launched a rather nice billet set, available either on straight stalks (straight out from the bars) or raisers. But because it's Oberon, they're probably incredible expensive. (their dual headlight set is £300UK!)

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
Best way to mount the 3rd Eyes (as seen in 96zj's post) is to go to the hardware store and get a longer bolt, and the head of the bolt fits perfect inside the bracket for the mirror. Then pick up a small rubber grommet to go between the barend and the bracket (to keep them from rubbing). total for the bolt and grommet was around $1 per side.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Posting pictures AS FOLLOWS

1) Go to www.photobucket.com and register as well as upload the pics to your account (there is also image shack)

2) Right below each UPLOADED picture you will find a URL (for you retards who dont know what that is, its the "address" that the photo is at.

3) Hit the IMAGE button when you are writing a message and THIS will pop up [img]

4) Paste the URL address in between the [img] [img]

WALLA YOU HAVE PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!! GEEZZZZZ Ha just messing with you, I had to have people explain it to me as well.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Ive used both the Napoleon and CRG.

In summary the Napoleons work better and the CRGs look better.

The Napoloens offer a nice wide usable field of view. The CRGs are smaller and do not offer as wide a field of view.

That said I have the CRGs on my bike and like them a lot.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts