Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bar end mirrors for cheep!!!!!!!! I was on e-bay and was looking up bar end mirrors for my sv 1000, and i came across a pair for a bicycle. I went down to the local bicycle shop and there sat 2 mirrors that fit on a bycle. so i said what the hell, after 26.00 dollers i went to my house and removed the bar ends and slid the mirror right in and tightend them up. Not only did the work, but you can see alot more and you don't have that sholder in the way!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
i've been thinking about doing this but my only question's are. 1) can you make them fit with the stock bar end?
2) hows the vibration some thing tells me that they are going to want to vibrate like crazy.

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
B.a. said:
i've been thinking about doing this but my only question's are. 1) can you make them fit with the stock bar end?
2) hows the vibration some thing tells me that they are going to want to vibrate like crazy.
Yes, you can mount them on teh end of the bar end. It requires filing down of your bar end screw, as its a little too wide, but thats easy to do. For me, they didnt vibrate anymore than other mirrors I've used. They vibrate when you take your hand off the grip, but thats expected.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
kool. i was actually thinking maybe of mounting S model mirrors onto th fly screen but decided against that

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
toyozuki said:
Here's mine:
you just washed it b4 that pic didn't you????? ;D

·
Registered
36 Posts
This topic has convinced me to give it a try as well.

I was looking at the Napoleon Baren mirrors but at $30/per it was too pricey. My local Bycycle shop has the 3rd eye mirrors for $10.99/per will be getting them Tuesday and try em out!

let you know what I think then.

·
Registered
186 Posts
novakane said:
yeah let me know if wind f**ks them up, i want them so bad
\

wind does make them budge, mine did get a bit shaky around redline ( I suspect my carbs to be out of sync.). But they never moved cause of highway wind or rain...

Q

·
Registered
571 Posts
Mad Puppy said:
I was looking at the Napoleon Baren mirrors but at $30/per it was too pricey.
i used to think that too until i bought the ones i am putting on now. $75 each!! :eek: they look cool but damn!

but i do think bar ends are definitely the way to go. after just temporarily fitting them on to see how well i could see i was amazed.

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
novakane said:
yeah let me know if wind f**ks them up, i want them so bad
Mine didnt budge at maximum velocity for the SV (135 indicated). At first glance, you'd swear they would fold back. But mine never have. Until they broke off when I ate dirt, but thats expected.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Bought the 3rd eye mirrors today. Will be installing tomorrow. I'll update here on what I think. Either way I come out ahead I think. The total cost is $23!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts