Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took my first ride after ripping off the stock mirrors and putting some bar end ones on my 07 SVS. I'm so glad I finally got around to doing it, the ride was much more enjoyable. I can now see what the hell is behind me, and I don't have the stock mirrors in my line of sight blocking my view. I have to get used to the convex mirror, but that's no big deal. Other than that, I couldn't be happier. Anyone else rocking the same setup?

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
which ones did you get? got any pics of it? i hate not being able to see anything behind me, i either have to swerve to one side so i can look back from a small angle, or a take my left hand off.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was gonna snap a pic tomorrow, it's too dark out right now. I got the cheap ass Motrax ones off ebay but they're working just fine. They actually vibrate a lot less than the stock S mirrors so that's a plus too.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I've been trying to decide between bar ends and "pig spotters" on my s.
What did you do to fill in the holes from the stock ones?

·
Registered
262 Posts
I've been trying to decide between bar ends and "pig spotters" on my s.
What did you do to fill in the holes from the stock ones?
That's taking it to 2 extremes...
People who get bar-ends usually do so that they can see behind them.

Those with pigspotters don't care about seeing behind them.

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
I have the CRG Lanesplitter mirrors on my '08 naked. With the convex mirrors you will have a hard time picking out details of what's behind you (cops) but otherwise they are great.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Since people were curious I took this crappy pic. I apologize for the poor lighting and dirty bike. I would much recommend bar-ends over pig spotters like Red-line suggested. For the time being I just removed the mirror arm and left the mount on the fairing. I don't plan on spending $60 for $5 worth of metal and $20 worth of work to buy block off plates, so I think I'll make my own.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I believe you will need the adapters, I think that's what most people have had to do.

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
I am getting ready to order the CRG LS Bar end Mirrors for my 08 naked SV, are they hard to install, will I need the adaptors?
Yes, you will need adapters. They are really easy to install but the bar end weights will have to go. I really didn't notice any difference with or without the bar end weights though.

Loosen the screw on the bar end weights and twist them to get them to break free and they should pull right out fairly easily. The CRG adapters come with some little aluminum wedges that you have to hold onto the stalk that you insert into the bar but once in there they tighten right up. It's a well thought out design.

Don't over-tighten the clamp for the mirror itself though or you could snap it. Just tighten it up enough that the mirror stays in place.

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
I am getting ready to order the CRG LS Bar end Mirrors for my 08 naked SV, are they hard to install, will I need the adaptors?
Before spending all that money I suggest going to your local bicycle shop and buying $15 3rd eye mirrors. I am glad I went that route because I despise bar end mirrors, plus I was able to resell them for almost what I paid here on the board :).

For the record I tried both the 3rd eye mirrors and Napoleon style bar ends. Bar end mirrors just are not for me.

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
Before spending all that money I suggest going to your local bicycle shop and buying $15 3rd eye mirrors. I am glad I went that route because I despise bar end mirrors, plus I was able to resell them for almost what I paid here on the board :).

For the record I tried both the 3rd eye mirrors and Napoleon style bar ends. Bar end mirrors just are not for me.
They do take a bit of getting used to but I love them. I'd never go back to the stock EVD's (Elbow Viewing Devices). ;D

·
Registered
8,832 Posts

Coop - what do you use now? Stock mirrors? Or something different?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Yes, you will need adapters. They are really easy to install but the bar end weights will have to go. I really didn't notice any difference with or without the bar end weights though.

Loosen the screw on the bar end weights and twist them to get them to break free and they should pull right out fairly easily. The CRG adapters come with some little aluminum wedges that you have to hold onto the stalk that you insert into the bar but once in there they tighten right up. It's a well thought out design.

Don't over-tighten the clamp for the mirror itself though or you could snap it. Just tighten it up enough that the mirror stays in place.
I ordered some cheap bar ends off of ebay as well... where do i go to get the adaptors?

·
Registered
9,110 Posts
Before you chuck your bar end weights, you might want to do what I did. It's easy, and it allows you to have the weights installed, too. If you have the adapter in front of you, you will see the little threaded widgit that the bolt spins into to spread the aluminum "clamps" against the inside of the bar. Take that to your vise and drill out the threads. Then substitute the CRG adapter for the stock spacer between your end weight and the stock compression washer. Use the stock bolt to go through the weight, adapter, and thread into the stock compression washer, snug it all up and you're done.

·
Registered
447 Posts
My bf has them on his 03 SV. He doesn't like them. As soon as I get the new mirrors I want for mine, I'm giving him my stock ones and he may want to sell 'em if anyone would be intristed.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts