Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I am looking to make my SV look a little more aggressive/street fighter esque and am looking at bar end mirrors. As a tall rider (6'3") how are these gonna work? I am looking at the cheapest pair of foldable mirrors. Any experience from other tall riders? Any advice helps.

Reason I'm asking is that I can't buy them and return them to most the stores I have looked at.

Thanks

·
Registered
7,580 Posts
When I first got my MotoElite mirrors, I felt like it was a LONG look down to see into the mirror compared to stock, but I am now used to it, and I love them.

If you go with like a Napoleon style, it'll be closer to your normal field of view, but not quite as much as the stock mirrors.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome, thanks. Thats the only thing I fear, is taking my eyes so far away from my normal Point of view to check mirrors

Also, do the motoelite ones come with the mounting piece (piece that goes in the actually bar) or is it all one piece?

·
Registered
212 Posts
6'3" here too and just added cheap eBay bar ends. Took a few rides to adjust to having to look a little further down to check them, but no issues other than that.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Looooove my bem's. At 6'5" they are no prob, and should be the same regardless of height.

If I had to do it over again I'd have no problem buying these again on eBay.

They have two ways to mount into the included end 'weights' (study the pics) and two axis of adjustment.

Mounting hardware sucks, but typical.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice. I kind of like those. How much were they?

Sent from my Desire HD using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Sorry forgot to look back on this thread. Umm I want to say around $35. They shipped out of Vegas. Check ebay.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I've had the motoelite knockoff ones from ebay all summer. At 6'3" I think I'm going to try to get a pair of rizoma knockoffs (non-bar ends). The motoelite ones I feel like I'm looking way too far down and to the side to get a good view. By the time I finally am able to process what is behind me I think "Oh ****, I am not watching whats ahead of me". YMMV obviously.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts