Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed the CRG Arrow Bar End Mirrors on my bike and it looks so much better than the stock and although the objects are closer than they appear I can see more than my shoulder. The only downside is that the clutch lever taps the mirror bracket. I can still disengage the clutch but is kind of annoying tapping the metal every time.

Anyone else have similar situation with same mirrors or other bar end mirror? I installed it using the optional adapter (didn't feel like moving all the controls.)

Thanks.
-Luper

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I forgot to mention you may need to scoot your switch pods in some too as the levers may contact them at full squeeze. I have rizoma bars and shaved off the locating pins on the pods so it was easy for me to move them. See if they hit before going that route though.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Drilling holes in the bars is way better than grinding off the tab :)

·
Registered
9,110 Posts
I have the same mirrors, and mounted the directly on the bars by moving the controls 10mm inboard. Drilling new holes was super easy. I never had an interference issue with the clutch or brake, because I had shorty levers on before I got the arrows.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
If you get new handlebars you'll need to drill holes. Well, either that or grind off the tabs - and grinding off the tabs means that the controls will like to rotate on the bars.

·
Registered
9,110 Posts
Definitely don't want to drill holes.. I may just deal with it.. In the future I want to get new handle bars anyways
They aren't even "holes" really. They don't even go all the way through the bar; they're more like "dents." All you need is a punch to get a good start and the rest is easy-peasy.

·
Registered
9,110 Posts
I imagine if you put a wrap of friction tape on the bars, the boxes certainly wouldn't move at all. It's not like you're putting a lot of pressure on them when you hit the horn button. ;D

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So.. I feel dumb but I found the easiest solution... Basically took off the mirror then put it on opposite. Now the part that the clutch was hitting is low instead of higher so the clutch doesn't hit it.

It's good thing though cause the clutch was engaging but not 100% cause it was hard to shift at a stop.

Thanks tho.
-Luper

1 - 14 of 14 Posts