Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone of you install a banjo bolt bleed nipple to the front master cylinder like the ones made by stahlbus?
If so did it make a difference with the quality of the brake bleeding job?

·
Registered
542 Posts
Not on my SV but on my previous bike I did. Made it very easy to ensure there was no air in the M/C and upper line, then I could concentrate on bleeding at the caliper.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good to know that they work! I guess I will be installing one to my SV next time it needs new brake fluid. Thanks for your reply! ;D

·
Registered
297 Posts
Is it just me? Or does reading, Banjo Bolt Bleed Nipple, make you cringe too?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I replaced all the brake lines on my 2G, and don't have any fancy speed bleeders. I had zero problems bleeding the old fashioned way at the caliper (clear tube dumping into an overflow container, loosen/tighten bleed screw on caliper when pressing/releasing brake lever). I guess I don't see the point of the speed bleeder, given that I didn't have any problems bleeding either the front or rear brake.

·
Registered
125 Posts
front brakes are the easiest to do. i saw a guy on you tube do it the same way. you move the lever in and out only a quarter of the travel the cylinder has two holes in it and your uncovering them. you can see the bubbles come. also tap the lines at the same time. when no more bubbles pump up and bleed each caliper.

·
Registered
601 Posts
front brakes are the easiest to do.
Apparently not for those two in the video.
The only thing I've learned from it is that you have to re-tighten bolts every 500 miles on a shovelhead and 1,100 miles on that bike apparently means having ridden the crap out of her.
After all the wise-cracking he didn't fix the long lever travel, i.e. the brake caliper was still full of air, the fluid level is too low especially with those new pads, and the banjo bolts are leaking, probably because real bikers don't use torque wrenches. Mechanics like him are the reason why I service my own bike.
Or the whole video is a subtle satire on lazy DIY videos. My bad.

·
Registered
297 Posts
LMAO what laugh from the past! Thanks for bringing this back up. After bike catching fire I needed a good chuckle :LOL:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts