Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I'm going to finally install my Galfer SS lines today!  They came with a bleader in the Banjo Bolt, and I'm not sure when I should use it..When bleeding the lines I planned to start with the caliper furthest from the master cylinder, and then proceed to the other one....When should I use the bleeder on the banjo bolt  ???

·
Registered
93 Posts
WHen I do mine I generally try and get most of the air out of the lines, so that I at least have some kind of pressure. Then, I try and get any remaining air UP. Use this article for ideas. http://www.svrider.com/tips/steel_lines.htm

Andy

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
When we did my Galfer lines, we had a hell of a time trying to get the fluid started. We ended up letting air out of the top bleeder, and it really helped to get things started. Use it if you need it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I'm done. That was actually much easier than I thought. I bled the banjo bolt first and then went to the furthest caliper. Seemed to work pretty good. Couple of comments 1) Speed Bleaders are great! 2) The caliper nuts Galfter sent me did not fit, so I used the original bolt. Seemed to work fun, but will I be okay? 3) I kept pumping and pumping and I could never seem to get all the bubbles out. There always seemed to microscopic bubbles here and there. Is this normal?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Put an elastic band or zip tie around the brake lever tonight. When you get up in the morning, crack the bleeder on the banjo and most of the remaining air will come out. Also if you have an 'S' squeezing the tube between reservoir and MC first thing in the morning, will also normally pop out the air that has risen.

Andy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts