Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently tried to balance my throttle bodies with a home made manometer. I got the bike all torn down and fiddled until I had an even readin on the meter. Put it all back together and it ran like pupu on my test ride. Coughing and sputtering down the road, low idle on closed throttle and hesitating response. So I tried again with tighter fitting tube and got the same results. In the end I just picked up the tank opens to part throttle and adjusted the balance based on what the tach was doing.

Are the k7+ models with the IACV impossible to balance on your own, or should I readjust the TPS after finding a balance? It's running fine now, but I'm a bit disappointed that I tried something that should have been easy and it didn't work at all.

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
You very likely have messed up the TPS settings if you moved things. Doesn't take much at all. The TB with the sensor on it should be left alone and the other one made to match it. (if possible) If you move the one with the TPS...yes, it will be off now. Try balancing the TB's again and then resetting the TPS and you'll probably be smiling again.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rob, thanks for the suggestion I had a fear that might be the case. Perhaps later in the season so i'm not bugging my neighbors all weekend.

Onecartel, It's an '09 and the caps are still squishy, to tears.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts