Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bike is "hiccuping" needles on tach & speedos shooting up & down. Gas light is popping on. Sometimes stalling out when stopped. It's an '02 w/ a Yosh slip-on. Would this be bad gas/watered down gas?

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
very likely an electrical problem

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
check voltage of battery & charging system

·
BANNED!!!
4,805 Posts
Make sure the battery connections are fully secure. Had a loose ground connection once cause some similar issues.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Kid Thunder,
Did you by chance experience a similar problem during full throttle? I am having an odd fuel injection issue as well on my 05 650s. The bike tends to stall when floored from a stop. Usually stalls in first, sometimes in second. I turn off the ignition and toggle the kill switch and then turn the ignition on... and it starts as usual. It is inconsistent. Perhaps we have the same problem?

J

·
0 Posts
RandyO said:
check voltage of battery & charging system
+1 If the ignition system is not getting its full voltage it can act very sporadicly.
BTW run a volt test on the battery and it should be at 12.65 volts not 12. A fully charged battery is 12.65 and if it isn't charging all the way this could cause a problem

K

·
0 Posts
Robotben311 said:
Kid Thunder,
Did you by chance experience a similar problem during full throttle? I am having an odd fuel injection issue as well on my 05 650s. The bike tends to stall when floored from a stop. Usually stalls in first, sometimes in second. I turn off the ignition and toggle the kill switch and then turn the ignition on... and it starts as usual. It is inconsistent. Perhaps we have the same problem?
nope sorry i have carbs
i had a bad cell in my battery and it was making my bike jumpy. weird stuff

1 - 9 of 9 Posts