Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

Just wanted to let everyone know East Coast Powersports in trenton NJ is not to be trusted. I had a pain in the @ss experience with them last week/this week. After tracking down a new 2008 sv650n they said they had in their warehouse I drove from Philly to NJ to see about picking it up. I was told it was in the warehouse when I arrived so I wouldn't be able to see it. I was pretty amped about getting the bike so I didn't care.. I knew what I wanted.

I paid 6300 in cash and was told the bike would be there within a day for pickup. Three days later and the dealer was ducking my phone calls. I finally got Gino the jerk on the line and he informed me that there was no sv650n. After some BS response about how it was a mistake in the warehouse confusing a used - practice - race bike they had bought from an instructional school that he would ship to me if that was OK instead? I told him.. send me the money ASAP. I am still waiting for the check to arrive.

I am totally bummed about not having the bike I wanted, sv650n. The weather is perfect and I can't seem to find any used ones around Philly. Let me know if anyone around is looking to get rid of their sv650n.. I'd gladly take it off your hands ;).

Avoid East Coast Powersports if you can.

-Patrick

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
What is it with Suzuki dealers? Are they all crooks and morons? Here in San Diego the local Suzuki dealer cannot be trusted for anything. Each and every time I need a part, I have to order it. This includes simple stuff like nuts and bolts. Their service department sucks, The Service manager told me (He insisted) that my 03 SV WAS NOT fuel injected. I wouldn't let these idiots within 500 yards of my bike.

·
Registered
9,123 Posts
Not blaming you about their behavior, but you paid cash and didn't get to see the bike. Not wise, never be too anxious. Did you pay them the sales tax as well for the purchase? I wouldn't be too patient about getting the check. Go back down there and demand your money back. You do have a receipt? If they make excuses, call the police while there. Whether the police can do anything(probably not) you need to be more proactive, it's your money. Seems like they committed larceny to me. You paid cash, you should get your money back in cash.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts