Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just under 20k on my 04 sv and recently it has started to backfire alot. It has always popped a little bit but never backfired. The thing sounds like a shotgun every once in a while while decelerating will the throttle just cracked open.

It has new plugs and just cleaned the air filter in it. what could be causing this? I have checked for exauhst leaks and vacume leaks but i still cant solve this one?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
did you take the airbox off? if so, check the hoses on the right side where the pair valve is. mine came loose once and it did the same.

·
Registered
419 Posts
If you have done a pair mod it might be causing the problem. For example, I used rubber caps to block off my Pair system, but I discovered they had cracked and were leaking air - hence the backfiring. I got Chewys Pair plates and it fixed the problem.

- Jason

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the pair mod has not been done on this bike.... desnorkled, modified stock can and some other minor stuff that has been on the bike for 10k miles..

I am thinking it may be dirty injectors or stuck throttle bodies or something like that. It also has not been idleing as smooth as normal... I am going to try to check the tps again, and put some new plugs in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts