Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else get this? The muscles down the left/right of my spine occasionally (only on one side) just lock up...

Turns me into a damn pretzel for no reason- I was just putting my helmet on and my back locked up... so painful. Road to work (2up riding positing is actually more comfy than my car seat) but damn this hurts.

Anyone else have this happen or have any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
Do you do any exercise? Some stretching might help... Maybe Yoga would be of benefit to you.

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
I get this from time to time if I sit on my tail bone too long. Strengthening your core can help a lot. You may want to see a chiropractor too, it's amazing how much a good chiropractor can help.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I suffered most of my adult life from really bad ones. About 5 years ago, I discovered core training from a personal trainer. Uh... DUH! You have to engage your ab muscles in everything you do. It should feel like your pulling your belly button straight back towards your spine.

My whole life and I didn't know this??? It was life-changing! I used to throw out my back 3-4 times a year. It hasn't happened in 5 years! I still practice engaging my core muscles all the time. It has to become habit.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Are you drinking enough water? As mentioned, exercise, stretching and core work outs will help.

How much alcohol do you drink? kidney's sore perhaps?

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gah its exercise

I know it is- I do an office job, and then I do 6 hours of vegging on my couch.

Its AWFUL ... i was the 2nd fastest runner through highschool and now I am just unfit as can be... I guess I just have to accept it and do the core training stuff....

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
Are you drinking enough water? As mentioned, exercise, stretching and core work outs will help.

How much alcohol do you drink? kidney's sore perhaps?
This.

I just started seeing a chiropractor... results have been amazing.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have two herniated discs in lower back, one in neck with some bulging discs as well. Yes back pain is something I know. I have considered a cruiser in the past for the wind protection and maybe a back rest.

Stretch every morning and throughout as needed, work on abs to stabilize back. If it persists go find out why.

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Gah its exercise

I know it is- I do an office job, and then I do 6 hours of vegging on my couch.

Its AWFUL ... i was the 2nd fastest runner through highschool and now I am just unfit as can be... I guess I just have to accept it and do the core training stuff....
Begin exercising and focus on core. It's the best thing you can literally do for your life.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Begin exercising and focus on core. It's the best thing you can literally do for your life.
Truth right there. But couple that with stretching as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I have these every few months. Old sports injuries :(

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Exercising is always coupled with stretching or you're doing it wrong! :)
You'd be surprised. I've heard and read about some who don't stretch and then run ultra marathons up to 135 miles straight... Isolated case I know of is dude running 200 miles straight with no sleep and them enjoying a theme park with his son.

I do agree with you, but to one who doesn't exercise, it's not obvious.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

·
Registered
20 Posts
By "exercising the core", I know these guys mean doing squats and deadlifts ;) Any other core exercise is just silly.

Try drinking a lot more water, maybe try a taurine supplement (helps with cramps), or potassium (eat bananas) but ideally of course you want to fix the problem not just treat the symptoms. I'd like to see everyone doing deads and squats, but I know that's not going to happen, so just any exercise is better than none. Even walking engages your muscles.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts