Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone with a full system, is your pipe out the back port blueing? Probaly cause it dose'nt get air like the front? And does your pipe run close to your shock. Oh and one last qu, am I the only one with a full Hindle sys?

·
Registered
597 Posts
1st Yes, I wish the rest would blue... I like the look!
2nd Yes, but I don't mind.
3rd Probably :lol:

·
Registered
82 Posts
your bike is running too lean thats why it blues the pipe. Your rear will not be the same jetting as your front because it does not get the cooling from the air flow.

·
Registered
56 Posts
dhuze said:
your bike is running too lean thats why it blues the pipe. Your rear will not be the same jetting as your front because it does not get the cooling from the air flow.
You lost me there...

If you are talking about air flow to the exhaust pipe, cooling the exhaust pipes should not affect the fuel/air ratio going in to the cylinder.

If you are talking about air flow into the throtle body or carbs, both cylinders pull from the same airbox.

If you are talking about airflow cooling the carb or thottle body, then the front cylinder would get more air then the rear (cooler = denser), thus being lean and blueing, which is not the case.

I think the front pipe does not blue because the airflow cools it, but that has nothing to do with jetting.

Or did I miss your point entirely?

André

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'm talking about air flow on the front cylinder that the rear cylinder doesn't get. so the rear runs a little hotter than the front.

·
Registered
56 Posts
dhuze said:
I'm talking about air flow on the front cylinder that the rear cylinder doesn't get. so the rear runs a little hotter than the front.
Ok, cool. I was really confused for a second...

Still, with liquid cooled engines, should that be that big of a deal?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I assume its blueing because air does not hit it like the front cyn. port. Hey dhuze what town do you live in? We should get together and ride soon. And do you know of a place around here where they dyno tune?

·
Registered
199 Posts
avalona2000 said:
My Micron Blued to, oh well.
Micron pipes a brushed finish. Brushed is always cool if you don't like blueing/discoloration, cause you can just hit w/scotch brite pad (red 7448) and eureka it looks new again.

Edit: I kinda liked the blue look, but the rest of the piping was turning brown/dingy.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is yours a full system? and did you get it dyno tuned?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Yes, Micron only offered fs for the SV at that time. May offer s/o now, but I don't know. No I didn't have it dyno tuned, avg cost for dyno tuning around here is about $300.

·
Registered
6,503 Posts
Metallurgy

Don't look at the pipes to figure if you're running a good mixture. Stock pipes are made of a stainless that will discolor, period. They aren't chrome and they aren't double-wall. What they won't do is rust out, hence that selection of metals.

I don't know about aftermarket pipes. In any case, judge mixture from the plugs. That's the best way unless you have access to a dynamometer/EGA setup.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Re: Metallurgy

andyauger said:
Don't look at the pipes to figure if you're running a good mixture. Stock pipes are made of a stainless that will discolor, period. They aren't chrome and they aren't double-wall. What they won't do is rust out, hence that selection of metals.

I don't know about aftermarket pipes. In any case, judge mixture from the plugs. That's the best way unless you have access to a dynamometer/EGA setup.
I agree

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I may develop a tube that will blow air to the back pipe while riding, and I will get it tuned. Now about the popping, I kinda like it, what do you guys and gals think?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I ment the popping on decel. With a full sys. or slip on.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts