Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not that it matters to anybody but I got my bike out of the basement today and went for my first ride of the season. Actually, it was my first ride in almost a year since I fubar-ed my left hand with the table saw and removed my left index finger. Luckily the remaining mobility issues with my hand do not really hamper my ability to use the clutch. I am ecstatic that I can still ride without any serious issues. Now if I could just find the liner for my jacket.....

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Congrats on getting back on a bike and glad your medical issues didn't keep you from riding again.

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
Cool, I'm glad to hear you are riding again.

·
Registered
459 Posts
at least your running a little lighter now... every bit helps! j/k

but yes... good that it isn't hindering your riding pleasure.

·
Registered
459 Posts
wow... I guess I killed this thread... I was only kidding! lol

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nah, you didn't kill it. I guess I'm just a lurker here and keep my head down so most of my stuff does not get replied to. Thanks for the good comments from those who posted, though. I appreciate it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
yikes sorry to hear about your hand, glad to hear you can still ride though. i heard that reattaching a finger costs like 20k.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yikes sorry to hear about your hand, glad to hear you can still ride though. i heard that reattaching a finger costs like 20k.
20K is 3rd world country cost. I had just graduated after my return to college and had no insurance or permanent job yet. The bills were 60-70K all told. Luckily medicaid came through and I didn't have to declare bankruptcy. They couldn't save the finger in the end after 4 months or trying. But my hand still pulls a clutch so I guess it could be worse.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts