Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought this lovely gem of a 1st gen just over a week before our trip and was very glad it was such an easy bike to learn :) I came from vintage bikes, specifically a '77 KZ400 I restored.

My KZ :)

A good buddy of mine fabbed this awesome rack for me from aluminum rod which was amazing at keeping all of my gear in check...including a folding camp chair :)

Loaded up!

All told we did over 500 miles in two days from west of Portland, OR out to Spray, OR

We stopped at the small camp site, roleld the bed rolls out, threw on some shorts and hit the John Day river...man it felt good.

I am absolutely in love with this little bike. It does everything I need so well, and now is my full time commuter while the sun is out (it is Oregon however...)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's the old 90's Yoshimura can that we chopped and restored

Looks great, sounds amazing...growls you're friggin' face off...

Next up is smaller signals and a custom aluminum undertail...then who knows what :p

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
That's a nice KZ! Yours is way nicer than mine. I have a '74 that ends up sitting in a shed for 3 years, then I fix it up and ride for a while, then back to the shed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I love that rack over the pillion seat! I may have to try and find a local to fab the same for me, looks great.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My buddy has a jig set up for the rack and would be happy to make/sell more. It's very sturdy, very light, and looks great. It took a few washers under the seat latch and some creative mounting, but works great.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lovin this bike more every time I ride it. I just got all I the fairing parts rounded up and while functionally I love the idea...it just looks so good naked...

Anyone interested in a complete fairing set up for a 1st gen (blue). Only things needed are some bolts and mirrors. (Have all three fairing peices, inner covers, fairing stay, side brackets, sub-harness, headlights, gauges, and brand new ZG DB windshield)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Did your bike come equipped with a "way back button"? Looks like you left Portland and ended up in 1974 in a couple of those pictures:D

Just got my first-gen on Memorial Day and echo everything you say about the bike.

Enjoyed the ride report.

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
My buddy has a jig set up for the rack and would be happy to make/sell more. It's very sturdy, very light, and looks great. It took a few washers under the seat latch and some creative mounting, but works great.
Tell your buddy to get his hands on a 2nd Gen and make a jig for them as well.

They would sell.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts