Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Baby got stolen! (RECOVERED!)

Well it looks like I'm outta here guys. This morning I waited for my buddy to drop off my helmet at my buddy's house where I spent the night (too cold and too tired to ride home), I got my helmet but misplaced my keys somewhere, went inside to gear up and find it, used the restroom and went back outside to find it gone right out of the driveway.

Police report filled out, neighbors saying that some suspicious lawn care guys for the condominium complex were floating around my bike before it happened, etc.

I'm pretty stunned, I still owe 3k for it, no insurance, feeling super stupid.

Looks like I'm going to be off of two wheels for a long while, and knowing that my SVS probably isn't going to come back, I probably will move onto a ducati 696 or speed triple once I'm done paying for a bike I don't own. yay.

I learned my 22 year old lesson. @&%#$!

The police found my bike. It ended up being two zip codes away in Green Cove, south of Jacksonville. Seems like it was done by a punk that lived in the neighborhood, egged on by the kids working the lawn maintenance.

Apparently, instead of taking the bike and stowing it, homeboy thought it would be really cool to jump my 650 over a set of train tracks right behind the city block containing the police station, literally down the street from the courthouse. In the rain.

No damage, the kid even put gas in it. I get vibes from it like it was whooped on the entire time. Lots of things floating through my mind right now, like what company is going to rip me the least for insurance, esp now that it has been reported stolen before along with my personal hijinks.

I'm glad I got it back (stolen right as the riding season starts? $#&@!!!!), and the douche nozzle got charged with grand theft of the 3rd degree, which means up to 5 years in prison, 5 years probation.

·
45% Member
7,585 Posts
Edit, nevermind, my reading comprehension is poo.

Sorry to hear that man. Maybe you'll get lucky and they'll find it.

·
Registered
220 Posts
sucks man. im looking at 2 06 red svs and they sure are easy on the eyes. Hope you get it back and/or catch the scumbags.

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts
WOW...that sux, sorry to hear.
How is it you can get a licence plate w/o insurance?

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Florida doesn't require insurance of any kind for motorcycles. At least that's how it was when I lived there three years ago.

·
Registered
984 Posts
How do you get a loan without full coverage though? That's weird....I even got gap insurance on my bike and car in addition to full coverage insurance.

In fact, I couldn't drive my new Mustang off the lot till I provided proof of insurance. Which was tricky, cause I had left my card at home and I bought the car day after Turkey day, and the ins office was closed. (thank goodness for the internet, I was able to log in and show them my coverage online...)

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
It depends on how you get the loan. Some loans don't require full coverage, basically acting like a credit card.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
yah the same thing happened to me 5 years ago. credit card purchase - no theft coverage - bike disappeared

one time i came across a ZX7R in a parking lot with the keys in the ignition... I took..

a picture

·
Registered
459 Posts
So... you were outside, next to the bike.. or at least close to it, you go inside to gear up and talk to a man about a horse, come back out and it's gone?

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts
Florida doesn't require insurance of any kind for motorcycles. At least that's how it was when I lived there three years ago.
WOW...so, what happens if you get into an accident, or your bike gets stolen??? I guess the owner is SOL then... that is very strange.

·
Premium Member
10,443 Posts
hope they find it for you. rough lesson.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts