Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They dont pay me squat to do this job ( Im not even gonna embarass myself) but when I go to work, there isnt a single person there that bitches about his job, everyone wants to be there. Not everyone is a Harley finatic but all just love to ride. The danger is there, we put these bikes thru stuff a normal Harley or Buell owner would never do to their own bikes. They are heavy and the norm is too scrape pegs, footboards, kickstands, and pipes and its kinda unnerving at times but that is what the duty cycle calls for. If the duty cycle says to take a corner at 60 m.p.h. and you only do 45 to keep from scraping, well, your not doing your job per the duty cycle. Too answer some of the questions you asked, I wont be getting a Harley anytime soon, not my style. They get fun to ride, you just have to ride to the bikes limits. Someone asked about the skills test I took to get hired. Its hard accel and decel scenarios, swerving thru cones, timed events like going through a bunch of left and right curves at speed around a testing pad, and maintaining balance at the slowest possible speed over so many feet. Any of you seasoned riders could do this if you are accustomed to low speed and tight manuevers. like parking lot stuff. All these bikes are hooked up(the ones we test) with all these wires and are downloaded through out the day keeping track of shock movement over certain sections, engine temp, etc. so there is absolutely no horse play or they will know it. We keep perfect records of every mile on the bike at every course. Lets say you were on the east track and in the horseshoe and the speed was suppose to be 40 and you were doing 60, they know at what time and at what speed and what rider was doing it. Think detail to the extreme. I do love my new job, I cant wait to go to work on Monday!

·
Vendor
966 Posts
Today you love it, but wait until you have to ride the bumps course for 4 hours one day. ;D You'll probably hate it that day and the day after, lol!

What tests have you been running? CC 02, 03?

I am jealous. Wish I had a job like that.

·
The Well-Leathered Mod
4,614 Posts
Ok, now Azrider is starting to sound like WillyT:

"Look at me everybody! I live 20 minutes from the Gap!"

"Look at me everybody! I drive motorcycles ALL DAY! I love my job!"

Shuddup & get a job that kills your spirit & steals your soul just like the rest of us!! :mad:

;)

·
Registered
629 Posts
DrummerDaveB said:
Ok, now Azrider is starting to sound like WillyT:

"Look at me everybody!  I live 20 minutes from the Gap!"

"Look at me everybody! I drive motorcycles ALL DAY!  I love my job!"

Shuddup & get a job that kills your spirit & steals your soul just like the rest of us!!   :mad: ;)
sounds like someone is jealous LOL

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
O.k., I will shut up about my job, but anyway, I gotta go change out of my work clothes........the riding jacket, the gloves and leather boots etc. :D put that in your pipe you haters!

·
Registered
613 Posts
azrider said:
O.k., I will shut up about my job, but anyway, I gotta go change out of my work clothes........the riding jacket, the gloves and leather boots etc. :D put that in your pipe you haters!
No need to keep quiet; many like to live vicariously through others ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts