Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to go ride south mountain. I heard there is a good road up the mountain. How do you get to it? Thanks

B

·
Registered
737 Posts
When are you going? I'll go with you.

You get to it from Baseline and Central - Go south on Baseline and the road will curve around and drop you at the base of the mountain.

Be careful with some of the corners. There's 2 corners there that will have sand on them. They ALWAYS have had it. I can't specifically describe the corners, but if I was there, I'd be able to show you exactly where to slow down.

Be careful.

·
Registered
267 Posts
You would do yourself a disservice if you don't ride out to Apache Junction and take the ride up to tortilla flats, very nice twisties. blows south mt. away

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys I went after work today at 1:20 or so. You were right about the sand on the corners Maritan. For the close proximity to work (I-10 and Elliot) it was a blast! Alittle un-nerving when going up hill around the corner and all you can see is about five feet in front of you until you get to the top of the hill! When it cools I will definitly do the AJ run. Thanks

By the way have either of you done any of the TEAM trackdays? Just curious cause I thing I might try the one on the 18th.

Thanks again and Maritan would love to get together at South Mountain some time.

Thanks again

Brandon

·
Registered
283 Posts
Glad you enjoyed it!!

Now get a Sahara vest or just dump water down the front of your shirt.

There are soooo many good rides here it's goofy.

I'm finally going to get to Jerome on Tuesday or Wednesday, but I'm taking a whacked route that combines a run that Mizatt and Maritan did a while ago (or at least I think it will).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Good the hear from SV riders in PHX! I'm new to the whole motorcycing thing (passed the MSF in July, bought and SV a week after, and been having a blast since). SoMo is great for a quick thrill for those who live nearby, but Tortilla is an absolute blast! I'm looking forward to riding up Mingus Mtn into Jerome soon, as well as a ton of othe rides, especially when it cools off a bit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts