Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1881 - 1900 of 3132 Posts

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I won't be riding this weekend. Too much to do before mini-vacation next week. Hell, as is I'll probably have to go to work on Sunday to finish a project. My staff won't leave me alone so I can get it done during my regular hours. Sometimes it sucks to be the boss.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
im not the boss at work, and people still bug me all day. but when i get done my 8 ish hours, i go home and do not go in on sunday. :D

anyone want to go put some miles out on the bikes while Jeff leaves his to rust?

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,887
just semantics; it's all oxidation.
on the Red Green show his solution to winter rust was to submerge the car in the lake until spring. (he first tried covering the car with honey, but that attracted bears.)

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Sorry if this has been discussed in the past month... but does anyone plan on going to the Phoenix gun show this December on the 7th (Saturday)? My wife has an event to attend that day and I wanted to stock up on more ammo and/or get an early christmas gift for myself.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
just semantics; it's all oxidation.
on the Red Green show his solution to winter rust was to submerge the car in the lake until spring. (he first tried covering the car with honey, but that attracted bears.)
i wish i would have grown up on Red Green, super funny show!
i watched it for a couple hours on youtube a while ago.

Sorry if this has been discussed in the past month... but does anyone plan on going to the Phoenix gun show this December on the 7th (Saturday)? My wife has an event to attend that day and I wanted to stock up on more ammo and/or get an early christmas gift for myself.
i could likely be convinced. lately though, Cabella's has had better prices than the gun show.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Not sure if JohnG is still interested in the bike or not, but it is still for sale. If anyone is interested let me know. I could really use some cash for bills and Vegas next week so cash talks.

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
i could likely be convinced. lately though, Cabella's has had better prices than the gun show.
I'll have to check out Cabelas, I like great deals but I hate crowds. Also, my sister asked me about a good home defense handgun, I suggested the Sig P220. She went to the local gun shop (Flagstaff) and they quoted her $850.00 for a basic, new model. I'm sure the gun show will have tons but if I can't make it where could I get a good deal on a lightly used or new P220?

Jeff, How's the new toy coming along?

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
New toy is good. Did I send you the pics?

As for home defense for your sister, if she's not an experienced shooter, maybe an inexpensive 20 ga shotgun would be better. Not bad recoil if it's a pump gun and don't have to be as precise with the aim. Also, the sound of racking the pump will generally scare the shizz out of the intruder.

As for the gunshow, I could probably be talked into it as well. While cabelas MAY be cheaper, they still don't usually have 9mm or 22 etc. the gun show will. Also have parts and goodies. Usually some cool machine guns, tommy guns, etc to oogle also. Lots of weird people to watch too. If we do go, it would be best to meet at pats and only take one car since parking can be a pain and expensive.

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,893
New toy is good. Did I send you the pics?

As for home defense for your sister, if she's not an experienced shooter, maybe an inexpensive 20 ga shotgun would be better. Not bad recoil if it's a pump gun and don't have to be as precise with the aim. Also, the sound of racking the pump will generally scare the shizz out of the intruder.

As for the gunshow, I could probably be talked into it as well. While cabelas MAY be cheaper, they still don't usually have 9mm or 22 etc. the gun show will. Also have parts and goodies. Usually some cool machine guns, tommy guns, etc to oogle also. Lots of weird people to watch too. If we do go, it would be best to meet at pats and only take one car since parking can be a pain and expensive.
+1 on the shotgun. can't miss and you can repair your drywall later. if it has to be a handgun, a revolver is good, no chance of jamming up.

I wouldn't mind going to the gun show either, I've got some empty brass I could swap for some cheap reloads, ( if such a thing even exists anymore.) my brother still wants to give me his ruger old army cap and ball revolver, just need to figure out how to ship it out here legally. anybody know someone with a federal firearm license?

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Larry, if no one knows anybody, there is a store on Dysart between bell and grand on the east side of the road called guns plus. I'm sure they'd do it. Since it's black powder, it may not even be necessary. I know you can mail order black powder gun kits from cabelas, brownells, etc. A call to a gun store may be in order. I do know when we bought my black powder revolver at cabelas, we just took it to the cashier. No paperwork, background check, nada.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
You guys have fun. I'll be cleaning the house and packing for our trip to Tennessee.

I'll post pics tomorrow, but we went to flagstaff today and picked up a nice, barely used Yamaha TTR-125LE for Chris.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
I could go either way, but we have to get an early start for lemmon. your call.
im not really up for "early"
want to try to 930 at the mobil?

You guys have fun. I'll be cleaning the house and packing for our trip to Tennessee.

I'll post pics tomorrow, but we went to flagstaff today and picked up a nice, barely used Yamaha TTR-125LE for Chris.
Jeff, thats freakin awesome!
up for a ride up the back side up on lemmon?

1881 - 1900 of 3132 Posts