Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1721 - 1740 of 3132 Posts

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
I got off work early today. I plan on leaving Show Low around 4pm, that should put me in Safford around 7pm. Not sure when everyone is going to be getting in town but I was thinking about meeting at Casa Manana (Mexican food joint on the corner of 191 in Safford,AZ).

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,727
be safe, guys. i'll be out there sunday morning, probably no later than 0900.

in the meantime, i'll be fielding suggestions as to what to do with a yellow seat cowl.

thanks John for the piece. a perfect fit, and looks sleek on the bike.

so far the possibilities include: 1) factory color, (candy Sonoma red), which may not be a perfect match for a bike that's been on the road for 6+ yrs., 2) flat black, (easiest, and black is always a good motorcycle color according to francis lasalle, one of my customers in baton rouge who raced triumphs in the old days), or, 3) the Vietnam campaign ribbon, which is basically yellow with three red stripes down the middle and a green stripe on each end.

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,728
oh, and Shauna, I have already considered and rejected the idea of putting some Bott's dots on it with the word "double". :roflmao:

·
Registered
276 Posts
I am so so sorry for the following...

oh, and Shauna, I have already considered and rejected the idea of putting some Bott's dots on it with the word "double". :roflmao:
You like big Botts
And you cannot lie
The other riders can't deny
When you're stuck in the curves behind a Tundra
Who is doing 5 unda
You get bored.
Wanna cross those yellows.
Cuz you know that next hairpin's righteous
Knee down? Yeah, you might jus...
But that truck-drivin mofo
Has got to GO.
He's ruinin your day...
F'er, get back on the highway!

So, Larry (yeah?) Larry (yeah?)
You wanna roll on that gas? (yeah!)
Then get off your ass
Make the pass
And cross that double yellow

Larry got Botts.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
I am so so sorry for the following...

You like big Botts
And you cannot lie
The other riders can't deny
When you're stuck in the curves behind a Tundra
Who is doing 5 unda
You get bored.
Wanna cross those yellows.
Cuz you know that next hairpin's righteous
Knee down? Yeah, you might jus...
But that truck-drivin mofo
Has got to GO.
He's ruinin your day...
F'er, get back on the highway!

So, Larry (yeah?) Larry (yeah?)
You wanna roll on that gas? (yeah!)
Then get off your ass
Make the pass
And cross that double yellow

Larry got Botts.
WOW! i had no idea she could rap.

and Larry that is totally at you....

and

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
good ride today guys. glad i made it. Mt Graham was really really nice, good job on that Justin!

i havn't looked at the pics i took, but i will post some up when i process them and if they are any good i can email them if anyone wants them.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
That was a good weekend! Some sections of the roads were a bit sketchy, but overall a good run.

...and today at work I started getting a cough. Now I sound like aqualung. Yay!

I think a day at the range or in the desert is a good idea. Justin, I've been thinking about the trade you suggested. I might be up for it. Maybe if we can figure out a time for everybody to get together we can swap and see.

Da Bears won, Yay! And now the Broncos are putting on an exhibition on how to whomp the Raiders.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Fellas!

Finally checking in after my 2 month hiatus. Sounds like you guys had a great weekend/ride and I'm totally jealous. Unfortunately (or fortunately), the house and the kiddo have gotten most of the attention...not the bikes. So it doesn't look like I'll be anywhere close to ready to get out on the track this weekend at AMP. I haven't even started organizing the garage, so bike work is certainly not happening. However, the house is great and the little guy is even better. 2 months old already and the time is flying. He's tons of fun considering he's a baby that just sits there and doesn't really do anything.

Just wanted to throw out some track plans to see if anyone is interested. Looking to hit AMP in Oct now as the first day of the season. In Nov, in looks like I'll miss the AMP weekend to make a trip home back to MI. Sooo, I'm eyeing that Thanksgiving weekend Chuckwalla day with TrackXperience. It's on Sat, 30 Nov and runs $170. PLUS, these guys offer a 20% discount if we can get a group of 6 people together. That might be tricky to get the commitments, but if we can that's getting Chuck for $134...awesome. Anyway, just throwing it out there. I guess I should get my bike ready before I make too many plans! Catch you guys later on, I'll try to check back more frequently then bi-monthly.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
That was a good weekend! Some sections of the roads were a bit sketchy, but overall a good run.

I think a day at the range or in the desert is a good idea.
Did you guys hit that tar snake section from last year?

If you hit the range, let me know. (assuming we're not talking about the driving range...)

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
what a fantastic ride!
add one more mountain to the list of gorgeous peaks in eastern az.
good ride today guys. glad i made it. Mt Graham was really really nice, good job on that Justin!

i havn't looked at the pics i took, but i will post some up when i process them and if they are any good i can email them if anyone wants them.
It was a nice weekend of awesome riding! No bad weather, no LEO, no accidents, no bike issues... it was well worth the $$ and time spent. Mt. Graham was better than I thought because I only went two thirds up the mountain and the best section was at the top (last 3 miles or so).

...and today at work I started getting a cough. Now I sound like aqualung. Yay!

I think a day at the range or in the desert is a good idea. Justin, I've been thinking about the trade you suggested. I might be up for it. Maybe if we can figure out a time for everybody to get together we can swap and see.

Da Bears won, Yay! And now the Broncos are putting on an exhibition on how to whomp the Raiders.
Jeff, we gotta meet up to blow up some sh1t and entertain a trade. ;)

Did you guys hit that tar snake section from last year?

If you hit the range, let me know. (assuming we're not talking about the driving range...)
We were talking about doing the Phx gun show this December. Maybe we could turn it into a Ride/Shooting/Gun Shopping weekend! :D ....or at least a shooting/gun shopping weekend..day?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Went on a nice ride today. 303 to the 60 to 74 to lake pleasant and back to the 303. 1/2 of the ride was right at sunset and was probably the most beautiful ride I have ever been on. Unfortunately I think I may have a slight leak in my rear tire.

1721 - 1740 of 3132 Posts