Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1661 - 1680 of 3132 Posts

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,663
Anyone want to ride in the morning?

Sargent seat is really nice, new exhaust system smooths everything out and makes the engine bit more responsive.

What nights are we at the hotel?
i'll pass on any riding this weekend, just want to rest up, BBQ, and watch some football.
but good to know you got the seat and exhaust sorted out.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
I got home from doing some running around with Shauna and it was really nice out. So I took the WR and SV out for a short ride around the 'hood. the SV is really fun, i might be sad to see it go if i ever sell it. the WR is fun took but 5 to 10 minutes around the block and the exhaust is darn near burning my leg when its 8 to 10 inches away from the exhaust, might be time to sell it and but something different.

I am just like Jeff and booked my room for Safford.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Were you wearing pants on the WR? Do they make a heat shield for it? What would you get if you got rid of it?
no, i had shorts on. how can i be a hooligan with some kind of gear? ;D
seriously though, the bike will put burn marks on pants.

no heat shields that will help. i ordered some header wrap to give a try, but aside from making my own heat shield there is really nothing to do. Im not sure what i would get, maybe a klr, drz or some type of true dual sport.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Booked for the 9/20 -9/22

What time is everyone from Phoenix heading to Safford on Friday?

BEST WESTERN
Desert Inn
1391 W Thatcher Boulevard,
Safford, AZ, US

·
Registered
276 Posts
KTM 690 Enduro R is what you need. Or a Husqvarna TR650 Terra.
I keep trying to sell him on a Tiger. Cuz everyone needs at least one Triumph. :)

I do have a buddy with a Husqvarna. Aside from all the flak he gets about riding a souped up lawn mower or bike powered by chainsaws, he loves it. Those crazy Swedes.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
John, I'm riding there. I was planning to leave about noon Friday. I think pat is diving there in the afternoon/early evening.

Shauna, the new tiger 800's are really nice bikes. The husky tr650 uses the BMW 650 single, but husky gave it more power and made it smoother. Supposed to be very nice. Still, I love my little Austrian death machine.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
i wont get to leave until after work on Friday, so i will see you guys up there Friday night, about 9 or 10 pm if i can load up and what not quickly.

i think the 690 is out of my price range and i'm not sure its what i want.
the TR650 is on my list, but i dont know if i would want to buy new.
its all hypothetical until i actually list, then sell the WR.

Shauna that band is totally funny.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
John, sounds good.
Shauna, it doesn't say anything till it tries to throw me on my head. That's when I yell "screw you Benny!"

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Anybody make reservations yet? If not, what do you tink about staying at the best western instead? It's only about 5 dollars more, but the reservation can be cancelled with no fees. The days inn will charge the whole thing, no refunds, no cancellations. The best western is less than a mile from the 70-191 S jct. I'm fine either way, but just on principle dislike not being able to change or cancel a resevation.
That is the place, and eww. The report is from 2011, but still...eww.

http://www.bedbugregistry.com/hotel/AZ/Safford/Days-Hotel-Safford

so, Best western?

BEST WESTERN
Desert Inn
Safford, AZ, US
Phone: 928/428-0521
I am reserved.
I am just like Jeff and booked my room for Safford.
Booked for the 9/20 -9/22

What time is everyone from Phoenix heading to Safford on Friday?

BEST WESTERN
Desert Inn
Safford, AZ, US
Sounds good everyone. I'll set my reservations at the Best Western in Safford next week after my Vegas trip. I've been incredibly busy this week. Looking forward to the Rally! :rock:

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,677
i'll roll out b/4 the crack of dawn sunday morning and meet you guys at the best western, unless there's a different place you want me to meet in safford. i'm guessing @ a 3 to 3 1/2 hour ride out there, give or take a few minutes. if I leave at 5 ish I should have no trouble being there by 9.

google maps says 189 mi, 3hr 18 min. looks like the place is on the corner of hwy 70 and 14th ave in safford, so easy to find.

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
i'll roll out b/4 the crack of dawn sunday morning and meet you guys at the best western, unless there's a different place you want me to meet in safford. i'm guessing @ a 3 to 3 1/2 hour ride out there, give or take a few minutes. if I leave at 5 ish I should have no trouble being there by 9.

google maps says 189 mi, 3hr 18 min. looks like the place is on the corner of hwy 70 and 14th ave in safford, so easy to find.
Sounds like a long day of riding.. hope you got some crank for the ride back because Coffee will make your ride back twice as long with every pit stop you'll need. :evil6:

·
Registered
60 Posts
So here in a couple weeks I think I'm going to go visit my grandparents in Tucson, and was wondering what I should be looking forward to. I'm going to be riding from the Surprise area and will be flying solo. Is there a route I can take that doesn't add too much time but is more scenic? I would like something that will still be fairly safe for a solo rider but not something as boring as I remember the 10 being.

1661 - 1680 of 3132 Posts