Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1641 - 1660 of 3132 Posts

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
I'm a maybe. Trailering to Safford is definitely easier than alpine. No mint juleps for Larry... I'll pass on the info to can-am Jim though. He was asking me a while ago about a 191 trip.
So we have a Rally?! 2013 Alpine/Mt.Graham Rally. September 20th - 22nd, 2013.
We have...
Justin (JPL_SV) - Yes
Jeff (Fishhead) - Yes
Larry (Locoblanco) - Yes (Sunday only)
Ben (Snatfinder) - Maybe
Pat (Patsully) - Yes
Jim (amtjim) - Maybe
John (johng) - Yes

Let me know if this is accurate. We can work on finding a decent hotel and restaurant in Safford. Invite anyone you think can ride responsably and handle the advanced roads.. and remember that we don't require everyone to ride at a fast pace.. or pass trucks on a double yellow through a blind turn. :hiding2:

·
Registered
650 Posts
I believe Kris Cotton's bike is still down from last trip or a later ding. Maybe be a few other SV pilots I know of, but I think they may still prefer the Musselman track day on the 21st. I'm ready for one of these myself! Thanx for the update Ben.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
What sort of $$ are ya'll looking at for hotel? I'm all for the least amount, but I don't want bedbugs etc either. A quick google of safford hotels looks like 60 something to 70 something a night should be doable. Not the ritz, but a few don't look like too bad.

https://www.google.com/hotels/?gl=US&cu_link=1&h=13471770958535590612#search;l=Safford,+Arizona;q=safford+az+hotels;d=2013-09-15;n=1;cuh=13471770958535590612;si=a850d00e;av=r

The days inn looks like the cheapest with breakfast included (probably just danish and cereal type stuff). The posted rates are for 2 people per room though. If we want spereate rooms, then the days inn. If we want to share, then we could maybe step up to some of the nicer hotels since it'll be split. Then we'd be lloking at about $50 a person per night. That would include a better breakfast and some have kitchenettes in the room.

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
What sort of $$ are ya'll looking at for hotel? I'm all for the least amount, but I don't want bedbugs etc either. A quick google of safford hotels looks like 60 something to 70 something a night should be doable. Not the ritz, but a few don't look like too bad.

https://www.google.com/hotels/?gl=US&cu_link=1&h=13471770958535590612#search;l=Safford,+Arizona;q=safford+az+hotels;d=2013-09-15;n=1;cuh=13471770958535590612;si=a850d00e;av=r

The days inn looks like the cheapest with breakfast included (probably just danish and cereal type stuff). The posted rates are for 2 people per room though. If we want spereate rooms, then the days inn. If we want to share, then we could maybe step up to some of the nicer hotels since it'll be split. Then we'd be lloking at about $50 a person per night. That would include a better breakfast and some have kitchenettes in the room.
As long as it's near 191 South in Safford and/or East. No need to stay on the west side of town. I'd rather get my own room. I'm not too worried about the hotel breakfast but I plan on finding all the good restaurants for breakfast and dinner.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Yeah, Days Inn is fine. I don't want to sleep with any of you guys either!

Seat should be back from Sargents on Saturday, and I picked up the exhaust gaskets today, now if Summer could just start winding down, I could get the exhaust system on.

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
I'd say the 'hot as heck' season lasts ~ 4 months, so thats ~ 8 months of not so bad.
Not so bad...
I think you got that backwards... 8 months of 'Hot as heck" and only 4 months of not so bad. Either way I'd rather have my 8 months of riding season followed by 4 months of snowboarding and off roading in the mountains. :D

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Anybody make reservations yet? If not, what do you tink about staying at the best western instead? It's only about 5 dollars more, but the reservation can be cancelled with no fees. The days inn will charge the whole thing, no refunds, no cancellations. The best western is less than a mile from the 70-191 S jct. I'm fine either way, but just on principle dislike not being able to change or cancel a resevation.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Don't know if 'Days Inn' is the same as 'Days Hotel' in Safford (520 E Us Highway 70), but it's on Bedbugregistry.com. So is the Super 8. Ew. :puke:

Nexus242 (<- closest thing to a bug I could find in the smilie list.)

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Anyone want to ride in the morning?

Sargent seat is really nice, new exhaust system smooths everything out and makes the engine bit more responsive.

What nights are we at the hotel?

·
Registered
32 Posts
hey guys! wheres a fair priced place to get tires swapped in phoenix and surrounding areas? also wouldnt mind if i you guys have inputs on places offering specials on tires online that can deliver etc

1641 - 1660 of 3132 Posts