Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1621 - 1640 of 3132 Posts

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
What about the 191 alpine loop Saturday from safford and then mt graham Sunday mid late morning? We could get to whatever hotel in safford Friday afternoon/ evening and just fart around that night. It'd be a haul for Larry, but then so would an up and back on Saturday.

As for this weekend, maybe. Right now there's a 30% for Prescott and 40% for yarnell.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I can do any other weekend that month except the 14-15. I figured the first weekend might be too soon for you guys and John can't do the last weekend. So.. how does everyone feel about the first weekend of September?
You mean the 21/22 since the "first weekend is too soon..."

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
John, you ordered a new exhaust for the Honda? didnt you already have a nice sounding slip on for it?
im tempted to by the Arrow header for my FZ but not any time soon, its like 600 bucks or so! its not in the budget at all.

i have rain gear, i could ride at some point this weekend. not tomorrow though.
i do have to try out the welder and put up some stuff in the garage too.

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,626
What about the 191 alpine loop Saturday from safford and then mt graham Sunday mid late morning? We could get to whatever hotel in safford Friday afternoon/ evening and just fart around that night. It'd be a haul for Larry, but then so would an up and back on Saturday.
the ride out to safford is no further than the ride to show low, so not a problem. if I left early either morning I could be there by 10 easy.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
John, you ordered a new exhaust for the Honda? didnt you already have a nice sounding slip on for it?
im tempted to by the Arrow header for my FZ but not any time soon, its like 600 bucks or so! its not in the budget at all.
I bought the whole Arrow system, $700. i had the OEM headers on it, and the Two Brothers slip on.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
276 Posts
Larry, i will not speak for her, but i really doubt she wants to go to Alpine.
If it was CO, it would be a different story.
Ding ding ding! We have a weiner!

Yeeeaaah... gonna take a pass on being the Alpine to Safford valet. :) Truthfully, the idea of a random drive through the wilderness of eastern AZ sounds kind of nice. I like road trips. It's the idea of arriving at Safford at the end that sucks. I've spent a weekend there, which is more than enough for this lifetime. :D

i gotta have some way home when i cant ride cause of some stupid reason.

i think that weekend wont work for me, there might be too many people out at work for me to take off Friday or Monday. so if i go and its that weekend, i will be running there as fast as i can and will not want to make gas stops.
You can always ask... don't forget that your rules-following boss is out, and no one else in your group/company seems to care. :p

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I guess you'll have to wait till you get it all installed. The new headers may or may not flow enough to require it.

Pat, Larry, tomorrow?

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
just go home from the party out in AJ. i know you are all jealous of an Apache Junction party. :)

im not sure about tomorrow, i was hoping to play with the welder and get some stuff hung up in the garage. but since Jeff is going, i may have to postpone the garage fun/work. i dont know and i will let you know in the morning.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Well at least someone can ride... Look at this damn stunter mentality. At such a young age too...

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
You mean the 21/22 since the "first weekend is too soon..."
I should have worded my question differently. I wanted to know if the 7th - 8th of September weekend would work... but since that's just next week I very much doubt it. So I agree we should try to do the 20th - 21st of September.

We could do this. If everyone else agrees I'm ok with it. Keep it simple and a little closer for anyone from Phoenix or Tucson. I would just want to take off early Saturday morning to do the loop.

the ride out to safford is no further than the ride to show low, so not a problem. if I left early either morning I could be there by 10 easy.
If we went with Jeff's idea it would make more sense for Larry to meet up with everyone Sunday to do a quick Mt. Graham ride before heading back home with all the other Phoenix guys.

I went to Alpine and a little ways past Hannagan Meadows yesterday. It was perfect weather in the mid to upper 70's. Considering it's a holiday weekend there was still very little traffic.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
I'm a maybe. Trailering to Safford is definitely easier than alpine. No mint juleps for Larry... I'll pass on the info to can-am Jim though. He was asking me a while ago about a 191 trip.

1621 - 1640 of 3132 Posts