Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1601 - 1620 of 3132 Posts

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
My buddy is looking for a 2005 or newer SV650/s for a great price. :D

Thanks everyone... and married life is great. Wife just started a new job as a R.D.H. ...Maybe I'll upgrade the R1 to a S1000rr! :)

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
My buddy is looking for a 2005 or newer SV650/s for a great price. :D

Thanks everyone... and married life is great. Wife just started a new job as a R.D.H. ...Maybe I'll upgrade the R1 to a S1000rr! :)
that takes my SV off the table since its too old. :(

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
so did anyone want to go anywhere for a MC trip/rally this year?

CO, Alpine, CA, anything?
My options are slim since I have no trailer and very little vacation... I propose an Alpine to Mt. Graham run! We can meet up in Alpine Friday evening/night, stay in Alpine friday night, ride south 191 to Morenci Saturday morning, then shoot over to Safford, from there we cruise up Mt. Graham and back to our Hotel in Safford. The next day (Sunday) most everyone will be a little closer to home for their trek back to the oven. Maybe some weekend in September? Please discuss.. :D

This is a Google Maps direction: Alpine,AZ to Mt.Graham via 191 (169 miles, just under 5 hours)
https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=Alpine,az&ie=UTF-8

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,605
my options are even slimmer.
looks like i will only be able to do one more vacation this year, and since my brother is coming out in october that will be another san diego trip. (we were going to do that last time he came out, but i had my plumbing re-arranged instead and he played driver for us, so i owe him a trip to the beach.)

but with the new seat i can easily do any kind of one day ride without any problem, even if it's a ridiculously long day.

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
good find on Mt Graham, Justin. i just went through a ride report done by a guy from adv rider, looks pretty cool.
I just got back from a cabin trip on Mt. Graham yesterday. The roads are very twisty and it goes from 3K feet elevation to 10K elevation at the top.. That's about 7K feet climb in 20 miles. Full of tight switchbacks. I noticed a few turns that had gravel from the rain but for the most part it looked nice and there was very little traffic the entire day.

Larry, Maybe you can meet us in Safford on Saturday to check out Mt. Graham then trek home..?

Now we just need to take a roll call and decide on a weekend. :rock:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Is anyone thinking about going to Chuckwalla 9/7 or 9/8? No sessions track day through SoCal Trackdays. I'm itching to get back out there.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I too could do any weekend or 3 day in sept.

I also found out it's ridiculously easy to check the valve clearance on the KTM. I already had the tank and seat off for messing with my DIY radiator fans. 3 bolts on the valve cover (which is magnesium BTW) and voila. The intakes were right in the middle of spec and the exhausts were at the fat end of spec. I'm happy with that. I'll put up pics of the the fans later.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Got the Arrow exhaust system in yesterday for the 'hooner', hopefully i'll get it installed over the next few days depending if anyone has the exhaust gaskets in stock, seat should ship from Sargents this Friday.

Yep, in a few weeks we'll be ready for a trip. I should let the wife know soon ; )

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
How does September 20th (Friday) through September 22nd (Sunday) sound for our Alpine to Mt. Graham Rally? I was thinking we could stay at the Mt. Hi Lodge in Alpine friday night, ride down 191 to Morenci Saturday morning, to Safford and up Mt. Graham Saturday. Then stay at a hotel in Safford Saturday night, and on Sunday everyone can head home from the most amazing Rally ever! (I'll have to head back home via 191 from Safford) ;D

If that works for everyone then we can see who all can go and keep an eye on the weather. The only weekend that's out for me is September 14-15.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
im not sure if that weekend works yet, but i kind of prefer the stay at one place thing. that way i can leave my truck and other stuff in one place.

If there is a place to stay in Safford, and it isnt too hot, why not just stay down there? we can get there Friday, make the 191 run up, back down through NM like usual. just with a different starting/ending point.

thoughts?

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,616
i'll have no problem riding out Saturday to safford for the run up mt. graham, but i'm thinking if the rest of the gang does a 191/N.M. loop on Saturday that might leave ya'll a bit tired too add mt. graham in the same day.

Pat, I can see your problem with leaving your truck in alpine if it's just a one way ride down 191, using Justin's plan. any possibility Shauna would be coming? then maybe she could drive the truck to safford Saturday morning.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I got an idea. Don't be a puss and ride yer bike to alpine. How bout them apples?! Or we do the stay in safford and run from there.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
I got an idea. Don't be a puss and ride yer bike to alpine. How bout them apples?! Or we do the stay in safford and run from there.
i gotta have some way home when i cant ride cause of some stupid reason.

i think that weekend wont work for me, there might be too many people out at work for me to take off Friday or Monday. so if i go and its that weekend, i will be running there as fast as i can and will not want to make gas stops.

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
im not sure if that weekend works yet, but i kind of prefer the stay at one place thing. that way i can leave my truck and other stuff in one place.

If there is a place to stay in Safford, and it isnt too hot, why not just stay down there? we can get there Friday, make the 191 run up, back down through NM like usual. just with a different starting/ending point.

thoughts?
i'll have no problem riding out Saturday to safford for the run up mt. graham, but i'm thinking if the rest of the gang does a 191/N.M. loop on Saturday that might leave ya'll a bit tired too add mt. graham in the same day.

Pat, I can see your problem with leaving your truck in alpine if it's just a one way ride down 191, using Justin's plan. any possibility Shauna would be coming? then maybe she could drive the truck to safford Saturday morning.
i gotta have some way home when i cant ride cause of some stupid reason.

i think that weekend wont work for me, there might be too many people out at work for me to take off Friday or Monday. so if i go and its that weekend, i will be running there as fast as i can and will not want to make gas stops.
Pat, How about trailering to Safford Saturday morning and meeting up with everyone that day like Larry might do? Or you can man up and ride to Alpine like everyone else as Jeff mentioned. :vroom:

Jeff, Are you suggesting Staying in Safford and not doing 191? If it's too much trouble I can meet everyone in Safford Friday night and we can keep it short and sweet with Mt. Graham and maybe the Morenci part of 191.

Larry, If we're going to do Mt. Graham we'll ride straight down 191 to Safford. If we do the full loop we'd be too tired and it might be too late to do Mt. Graham. Plus 180 isn't half as much fun as 191. ;)

I can do any other weekend that month except the 14-15. I figured the first weekend might be too soon for you guys and John can't do the last weekend. So.. how does everyone feel about the first weekend of September?

1601 - 1620 of 3132 Posts