Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1581 - 1600 of 3132 Posts

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
good clean ride yesterday Larry.

anyone that didn't go you missed an action free and stupid hot day. i bet you are all jealous.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
good clean ride yesterday Larry.

anyone that didn't go you missed an action free and stupid hot day. i bet you are all jealous.
Glad you had a good ride. I've had enuff heat for this summer!
My seat is in Texas, without me. It is the farthest it has traveled without my arse upon it!

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Glad you guys had a good one. It was most definitely stupid hot Sunday. It's supposed to be sub 100 degrees this weekend.

Pat, does the WR have radiator fans? I saw 250 on my temp gauge this weekend. I got some fans out of a broken light fixture that I'm going to mount up. They're 3" computer fans basically. I've got 4 of them that I'm going to put on. I found a $9.00 bar mounted on off switch I'm going to use to control them. It's mainly an issue when I have to slow way down for tight stuff, but I figured I should do something.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Jeff the WR doesn't have a fan. i picked on up a while ago, but it hast been installed yet. i got this one because i read the computer fans wont move enough air and when they get wet, well...

if you do install them, you should probably use a relay with them.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Jeff the WR doesn't have a fan. i picked on up a while ago, but it hast been installed yet. i got this one because i read the computer fans wont move enough air and when they get wet, well...

if you do install them, you should probably use a relay with them.
I have such minimal room, the one you used wouldn't fit. KTM makes a kit, but it is just about the same as what I'm going to try to do ('cept a single 4" fan vs my four 3" fans). Theirs is about 130. So far mine has cost 9.99. They don't use a relay or anything. DC will run in the wet. I've flooded a boat to the gunnels in Galveston Bay and everything still worked. I'm going to use a spare battery tender harness and hook it up to the tender plug already on the bike. That way it'll at least be fused. I have lots of heat shrink and stuff, so I'll waterproof it as good as I can. Also, the open side of the electric motor faces backwards. It should be fairly protected for water unless I wash it or take the bike swimming. We'll see! I'll put up pics when I get into it.

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Hey everyone! Been almost 2 whole month of nice mountain weather without even touching the R1. :( (The wife wants me to tell everyone it's not because of her) :p Anyway, hope we can get an Alpine ride together by September.

Also, Got a buddy looking for a SV if anyone knows of some local deals.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Hey everyone! Been almost 2 whole month of nice mountain weather without even touching the R1. :( (The wife wants me to tell everyone it's not because of her) :p Anyway, hope we can get an Alpine ride together by September.

Also, Got a buddy looking for a SV if anyone knows of some local deals.

how is married life treating you?

Justin, what is your friend looking for? i have considered parting with my SV.
i would like to sell it whole to someone that wants a street and track bike in one.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Would you just run the 'tona at the track?

Justin, congrats on gettin hitched. Also stop talking about your cool weather. It's demoralizing!

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
if i sell the SV Shauna's Daytona would be all i had access to for now.

i would like to sell the SV and the WR, maybe pick up a real sport bike for the track and a more adventure type dirt bike. i haven't really ridden either for a while.

·
Registered
276 Posts
if i sell the SV Shauna's Daytona would be all i had access to for now.

i would like to sell the SV and the WR, maybe pick up a real sport bike for the track and a more adventure type dirt bike. i haven't really ridden either for a while.
Hey now! The 'tona is more of a "real sport bike" than your itty bitty wittle SV. :hiding2:

Even if it is purple.

·
Registered
805 Posts
I don't think it has gotten higher than 95 degrees since I got here a month ago.:icon_biggrin: Usually in the mid-80s.;D

The SV is a great trackbike........for the lightweight class. I would choose an SV over any other bike that qualifies for that class, and I would choose an SV over most bikes for a day of riding twisties.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Talk to us again when you're neck deep in snow, Mike. :)

Agree that the SV is a great trackbike. Very fun to ride... and super cheap to fix after a crash. Tona... also an awesome track bike, but not so cheap to fix when you go asphalt bodysurfing

1581 - 1600 of 3132 Posts