Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

3101 - 3120 of 3132 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Yes, good to be back in AZ. Year round riding and hiking, as it should be. I snatched up my old 09 Spyder(that only I could love) and a 09 Buell 1125R that rolled into the same lot. Buell blew it's stator of course, but those new lipos are so light, cheap and easy, I ride it for hours as total loss. I live right next to all the tracks in Vail this time around, haven't got to do much since returning but look forward to that.

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,103
So what's the plan for a Sunday ride? I'm thinking the usual run up the hill, meet at Valero on Bell/303 @ 0800 or so to beat the heat.
Time is flexible if that's too early.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Returned to AZ from working in OK for over a year. No time off in the bank, but maybe next years 191. Seems a little sleepy in here, but Ben said he may be up for one, too...maybe even this year for him.
Definitely not this year for me. Work has been crazy and we're expecting a baby the 1st of October. Needless to say, things are going to be a bit hectic for a while.

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,106
Definitely not this year for me. Work has been crazy and we're expecting a baby the 1st of October. Needless to say, things are going to be a bit hectic for a while.
Congratulations on the new addition to the family. Things will definitely be hectic for a while, like about 25 to 30 years.

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,108
Can't wait.
I took the right side switch housing apart, cleaned and lubed, didn't see anything amiss, not much dirt, but it does seem to be moving a bit more freely. Might put some fresh spark plugs in before the trip, other than that I'm ready.

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,110
10 to the 60, (dodge the sniper fire to spice up the first leg of the trip), up to globe, stop for gas, then continue on the 60 through salt river canyon, (maybe a couple laps), to show low. More gas and maybe some lunch, then to springerville and alpine. There are a couple different routes from show low to alpine, one straight and through open country and the other through the forest, but still not very twisty. We should be in alpine early enough to make a quick run to Hannigan meadow, and maybe some dinner there if it doesn't mean getting caught there after dark. The animals will come out then and could make for a dangerous ride back to alpine.
For Saturday the loop from alpine to morenci and back to alpine. Could go clockwise or counterclockwise.
For sunday, once we get back to show low we can take src again, or the 260 over to payson and down the beeline.

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,111
September 10 is the first bike night of the fall season. It's the night before the Alpine trip, but if anybody wants to go I'd be tempted, just don't want to be out too late. (We usually leave before 9 anyway.)

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,113
Back from Alpine safe and sound. It was a fun filled weekend. Me and Dave saw a cougar crossing the road about 20 miles south of Hannigan Meadow. Majestic cat, disappeared in the bushes like a ghost. A few miles farther on the rain turned into hail and the road was covered in it, about 2 or 3 inches deep. We were able to ride in the tracks left by a previous vehicle, but John unfortunately slipped and went down. Luckily no injuries and only a bent rear brake lever. Other than that it was @800 miles of good riding.
And after checking my oil periodically, (and stressing over it- hard to tell if the bike was perfectly vertical), I put it on the stand. Anyone care to guess where the level was? Yep, right on the full line where it was Friday morning at the start of the trip.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Glad y'all had a good and relatively uneventful trip. Good news that John wasn't hurt...although he does have plenty of practice falling at the track haha! Wish I could have been there, but maybe next year.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
And after checking my oil periodically, (and stressing over it- hard to tell if the bike was perfectly vertical), I put it on the stand. Anyone care to guess where the level was? Yep, right on the full line where it was Friday morning at the start of the trip.

That's good, I only helped you check it 4 times!
How is the chain?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
650 Posts
Did a track day at Musselman this weekend, was a $40 special. Really nice and expanded since last visit. There is a Supermoto Champonship race in early November if you wnt to check it out, more details and track day info on the calendar on their website.

3101 - 3120 of 3132 Posts