Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

3081 - 3100 of 3132 Posts

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,081
I looked at the websites of some of the places in alpine and mountain hi lodge still looks like a pretty good choice. They have always been biker friendly and usually you meet a few riders from other places too.
Let me know if you want to share a room or just get singles and we can call them and book something.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I looked at the websites of some of the places in alpine and mountain hi lodge still looks like a pretty good choice. They have always been biker friendly and usually you meet a few riders from other places too.
Let me know if you want to share a room or just get singles and we can call them and book something.

I have been told that I snore pretty loud, so singles might be better.
Dave said he might come along.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,083
Ok. I'll call them and book a single for myself.(assuming mountain hi lodge is ok with you.) I snore a little bit too.

Justin said he might be able to make it too.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Larry, thanks for the heads up. I would love to be able to come down for this, but we'll be moving into our new house. that and the SV in't registered or street legal right now. It's all set up for track days...of which there have been zero. Stupid work and rain were conspiring against me! Ya'll have fun and be safe. Should be a great time of year to be out there.

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,086
Jeff, sorry you can't make the ride, but it sounds like you are at least too busy to get bored.

John, I'll reserve a couple rooms today. If anybody else decides later that they can make it the number to mountain hi lodge is 928.339.4311.

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,087
John, I have just reserved 2 rooms, 1 with a queen bed @ $70/night and 1 with a full bed @ $64/night. That was all they had left for singles, but there are some doubles and kitchen rooms available if anybody else comes, or if we want to change to a double to save a few bucks. The kitchen rooms are nice, stayed there before. They actually have a large bed in the living room/kitchen area and 2 beds in a separate room with a door, so sleeps 3.
Let me know which you prefer, we have plenty of time to make changes, but the other rooms might not be empty for too long.

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,089
I am now the proud owner of a pair of Metzler sportec RR M7's. I kept trying to talk myself into running the tires on the rims Eric sold me, but finally decided that at almost 5 yrs old it wasn't worth the risk. I guess I'll spoon them on the rims this weekend, not sure how long I'll wait till I put them on the road.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I am now the proud owner of a pair of Metzler sportec RR M7's. I kept trying to talk myself into running the tires on the rims Eric sold me, but finally decided that at almost 5 yrs old it wasn't worth the risk. I guess I'll spoon them on the rims this weekend, not sure how long I'll wait till I put them on the road.
New tires for the trip!

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,094
Well, tires are mounted, i guess I'll look at them for a week or two and then put them on the bike. John, let me know if you need a hand putting on the Q3's.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Hey guys, best of luck on your kinda-annual 191 trip in September. IF all goes well, I will still be in Iraq at that time (I leave in 2 weeks) so I expect to see some good pictures and read some detailed ride reports. If not, I will have to ask some friends to send a drone over the area to spy on you guys. :)

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Hey guys, best of luck on your kinda-annual 191 trip in September. IF all goes well, I will still be in Iraq at that time (I leave in 2 weeks) so I expect to see some good pictures and read some detailed ride reports. If not, I will have to ask some friends to send a drone over the area to spy on you guys. :)
Mike,
Best of luck there!

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,097
I'm thinking about a ride this weekend. Going to install the wheels with the new tires Saturday afternoon and head out Sunday to play with them. Anybody in?

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,098
The verdict is in. The Metzler M7 RR's are like glue. It's been a while since I had a matched set, and they work very well together, as expected. The whole bike had a more solid feel, no twichiness from the front and the back never felt like it wanted to step out. I started off easy but the tires kept wanting to fall deeper in with very little effort.

The traffic in the spars also cooperated nicely, with only two cars ahead of me, each one pulling over right away. No police either, which surprised me, as it was announced there will be a crackdown on speeders in the wake of recent fatalities. (I spoke to a couple riders in congress who told me of a fatal crash on Yarnell hill yesterday, the result of a heart attack.)

There was one officer in Prescott, however, chalking tires for parking enforcement, though she didn't issue a ticket to the SUV which was parked in the motorcycle parking area.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Returned to AZ from working in OK for over a year. No time off in the bank, but maybe next years 191. Seems a little sleepy in here, but Ben said he may be up for one, too...maybe even this year for him.

3081 - 3100 of 3132 Posts