Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

3061 - 3080 of 3133 Posts

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,063
Dave can meet up with us at about 7:30.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
I'm also trying to get my co worker to come out. He's a retired AF harley rider. (He got run off the road yesterday by a texting driver, fortunately landed in the grass with only minor scratches and no damage to the bike.)

Pat, are you out there? Come on out for some bike watching and burgers.

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,064
BTW, my fork seal only leaked the one time, nothing since. Maybe it was just some dirt in it. Anyway, I have the new seals now, and sooner or later they will leak. With luck I'll make it through the summer and not have to do it till the weather cools off some.

·
Registered
104 Posts
the girlfriend and I took a midnight drive out tortilla flat way...man that road is destroyed since I was last out there. the sharp edges almost popped the tires on the car! and tons of ripples.... since it was 12 at night I stopped at my accident spot and found some more zx and fzr parts.... good times...

·
Registered
104 Posts
well.... I may or may not have been doing the posted speed. anyway, the bridge at the east side and the little bridge at the restaurant had sharp edged 3" lips, bad enough to bend the rims if I was going any quicker. even at the 25mph limit it is enough to pop tires. the pavement ripples are like what you find on dirt roads.....youd be proud of me though, I still left some guy in a wrx for dead. in a pt cruiser! haha!

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,073
It's a bit far for a day ride from phoenix, but we are overdue for a three day weekend in alpine, or some similar destination.

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,076
So, it looks like we're going to try for an Alpine/191 ride in the fall. Probably mid to late September. Who wants to get in on the fun?

Justin, are you still around the Show Low area? Still riding?

Any of you who are new to the area and never made this trip before, it's some of the best riding in the state. Globe thru salt river canyon, to show low and alpine. Then a loop around the "devil's hwy", 191, to morenci and thru new mexico back around to alpine. A 3 day trip, approximately 800 miles from the Phoenix area.

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,078
I was looking at the calendar, how about the 11th to the 13th?
27th is a track day for me.
That looks like a good weekend. In the past we have stayed at Mountain High Lodge, they have rooms for 1, 2, or 3, with a couple of the 3 rooms having a full kitchen, but it's under new ownership since then. Probably still a good choice. Last time I was in Alpine with Brenda and my brother we stayed at some cabins @ a quarter mile down the road from the intersection of 191/180. Cabins had living room, kitchen and bedroom, with a fold out bed in the living room, so can sleep two. Can't remember the name now, owned and run by a nice lady, didn't even get mad when Hal picked a fight with her dog.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
That looks like a good weekend. In the past we have stayed at Mountain High Lodge, they have rooms for 1, 2, or 3, with a couple of the 3 rooms having a full kitchen, but it's under new ownership since then. Probably still a good choice. Last time I was in Alpine with Brenda and my brother we stayed at some cabins @ a quarter mile down the road from the intersection of 191/180. Cabins had living room, kitchen and bedroom, with a fold out bed in the living room, so can sleep two. Can't remember the name now, owned and run by a nice lady, didn't even get mad when Hal picked a fight with her dog.

You want to stay in alpine 2 days?
Drive there the first day, next day do the loop, and come back to Phoenix on the third day?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,080
Yes, friday night and Saturday night, head back on Sunday. By the time we get there Fri there's usually enough time for a run down to Hannigan meadow, @ 30 miles from Alpine, then dinner and some adult beverages. The 191 loop takes up most of Saturday, then the ride home sunday. All together about 850 miles.

3061 - 3080 of 3133 Posts