Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

3041 - 3060 of 3133 Posts

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,041
Nice riding today up in the hills, though a bit chilly and cloudy. Officer Friendly on Yarnell had a couple unwary sport bikers pulled over. Unmarked car there too, black Toyota (?). Beware.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I'm sorry fellas, not gonna make it. Glad I got to say bye before. Again, thanks for all of the help and support over the years!

John - I have a couple things to drop off to you that I found...we'll be passing by Sunday if I can leave it at your house.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,049
Sorry we missed you, Eric. Good luck in your new assignment.

Well, I put the x-treme vision bulb in. Definitely brighter and looks to have a wider field of view than standard. Of course a brighter light is expected to have a shorter life, so we'll see how it goes. Thanks again Dave.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I'm sorry fellas, not gonna make it. Glad I got to say bye before. Again, thanks for all of the help and support over the years!

John - I have a couple things to drop off to you that I found...we'll be passing by Sunday if I can leave it at your house.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Eric, if I'm not here, might be riding with Larry, just drop it off in front of the garage. It has been a pleasure riding track days with you! Best of everything to you and your family in Hawaii!

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Sorry we missed you, Eric. Good luck in your new assignment.

Well, I put the x-treme vision bulb in. Definitely brighter and looks to have a wider field of view than standard. Of course a brighter light is expected to have a shorter life, so we'll see how it goes. Thanks again Dave.
Even that brighter light makes you more visible, even in the daytime, light gets more people's attention more than any high viz clothing can.

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,055
Nice riding today. Not chilly like last time. It's warming up quickly. Got out early, even so there were others out ahead of me. In the spars @0930 and saw a large group of sport riders coming back. Must have been at least 2 dozen bikes. On my way back the Harley crowd was going up.
Rides for the rest of summer should start early, maybe even at the crack of dawn.

I'd like to get a Mt lemmon run soon.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Larry - glad you are getting in some quality riding! Hahaha...warming up a bit? I bet it felt like hell once you got back to the valley today, holy heat balls.

John - left a plastic bag on the north side of the garage door in front of your truck. Just had the bike manual, a spare grunge brush, and the extra reels for the motion pro throttle assembly.

Outta here tomorrow fellas; best of luck and ride safe!

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,057
Well, the 110 degree heat is here, and to celebrate my right fork seal started weeping on the way to work. Funny thing, it was dry on the way home. One possibility is a bug got in the seal, disturbing it temporarily, not likely as I keep the forks pretty clean. The other possibility is the 25% temp difference expanded things enough to make a better seal. In any case, I'll start collecting parts. Looks like a fork seal party at my house in the not too distant future, complete with the usual BBQ and beer. Gives me an opportunity to try the fancy universal seal driver Eric gave me. (Thanks again Eric.)

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,058
OK, I ordered up a pair of seals from good ol' Denniskirk.Com, same ones as last time. They're OE style, from parts unlimited. Only difference I saw before was the factory parts had NGK stamped on them, and the replacements have been in for 3 yrs/20000 miles, so that's good enough for one third of the price of OEM parts. (Ordered up a new face shield too, just to make the shipping worthwhile. Old visor has a couple dings anyway. ) And this time, I will be sure to get a pair of copper washers from Suzuki before tearing it apart. And some oil too, I'd feel like a real jerk if I forgot that.

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,059
This Thursday will be the last bike night at Westgate until things cool off in the fall. I know it's hot as heck, even in the evening, but does anybody want to go?

3041 - 3060 of 3133 Posts